Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You really need to ski at Great Lakes

HortonHorton Posts: 31,032 Administrator
edited April 2017 in Videos, Photos & Media
Thanks to Dave-O and the boys for taking me skiing last Friday. That place skis awesome. Check it out at http://www.skithegreat.com

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

wtrskiorBulldogMattP

Comments

• wtrskiorwtrskior Posts: 704 Crazy Baller
    Will be there Monday. So stoked!

"If you build it they will come"
    Horton
  • kurtkurt Posts: 116 Solid Baller
    I have skied 3 of the 5 Great Lakes.......
    billy's puddle swerving around the frogs
    MISkierMateo_VargasGWaterskiObrienslalom
    edited April 2017
    @kurt you know what's funny - I live a 10 min walk from the shores of lake Ontario and I've never skied in ANY of the great lakes except Huron (Georgian Bay) many years ago. Ontario is just too damn cold!

These great lakes look FAR more inviting for skiing :)
    kurt
    @wtrskior i have skied both lake michigan and lake huron in the same trick set, funny we were the only prostar skiing under the mackinaw bridge at the time.

however these great lakes do look much better to ski, plus no freighters to throw 4' rollers...
    MISkierwtrskiorDaveD
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,032 Administrator
    Hey @gman is this what it looks like at your house now?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• GWaterskiGWaterski Posts: 54 Baller
    @Kurt Miss skiing the awesome BILLY'S puddle :-)
    kurt
    @GWaterski miss having you here, but can't fault the move to ski year round
    GWaterski
  • GWaterskiGWaterski Posts: 54 Baller
    @Kurt It's amazing! You're welcome here anytime!
    Cant say enough about our stay at Great Lakes.  Only downside it was too short!

What more do you want from a ski vacation?

- Weather: it's the Mojave desert.. calm, dry heat and sunny every day we have been in California.  No humidity.  Ski all year round.  Perfect.  You guys have seen @horton pics.  Does it ever get windy?  Barely by east coast standards.

- great lakes has 2 tournament quality lakes that are well established since the 1980s..  Blue dyed.  2400' long with turn islands.  Very well protected by mature trees. Cool spring fed water (was 73 while the air was 95).

- beautiful Nautique 200 dialed in. 

- Hospitality: Dean rolled out the red carpet for us.  Stunning lakeside bungalow 2 beds 2 baths.  AC.  Hot tub, outdoor kitchen/BBQ. Gas Firepit. Outdoor HD TV. There is also an adjecent 2 bed 1 bath guest house. Massive deck on the water.

- very reasonable rates for skiing and accommodation by any standard
    - It's about 2hrs from either LA or Vegas, an amazingly beautiful drive frim LA for us east coasters not used to desert and the various mountain ranges rising above

- Easy flight from east or west coast.

We spent a few days in LA taking in a ball game, some comedy and general sight seeing and after skiing spent a few days hiking around both the Joshua tree National park and Palm desert areas. If you haven't been to Joshua tree, put that on your non-skiing related bucket list. Only about 1.5hrs from the lake. Pics don't do it nor Great Lakes justice

I can barely pick up a pen to sign my name now after not skiing in 5 months and 3.5 sets in 24 hrs at great lakes. Wish I had more in me and more time to get back there.

You guys got to go to @SkiGreatLakes !!!
  • storm34storm34 Posts: 85 Baller
    Thanks for sharing. Added to the bucket list!
    Horton