Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Binding set up new 2017 HO VTX

Ok so I went to switch my existing bindings from My HO A1 onto my new 2017 HO VTX and I noticed my bindings were set 1 hole back. My question being should I move them as they are or re-center them on the new ski for best assessment.

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,770 Administrator
    Front boot should be where the stock fin & bindind chart says. 67" VTX is 29.375 (I think)

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

4droberts
  • 4droberts4droberts Posts: 6 Baller
    Thanks John. Long time, any suggestions on fin set up? I actually never changed my A1 from 36 to 34.2. I'm wondering if I should just rip it out of the box?
    Start stock

Thanks. That was my plan. Just wasn't sure why mybindings were back a hole. But I'll measure that front binding tomorrow. How do you like the HO hardshell. Was thinking about running that in front with my approach in back
    Mick04
    I love love love the new HO hard shell system. If you're going to make that drastic a change you might look at running a Reflex R style in the back. HO also make some sort of low-back binding but I haven't used it so I don't know.

savaiusini
    Hey John when Measuring to the Heel of the front Binding, this may be a stupid question, but do you measure to the trim Piece at the Bottom of the binding, or to the Rubber heel portion of the binding itself? That would affect the number by 1/4 easy.
    DanE
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 322 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @4droberts with the Approach binding, I would measure on the rubber heel portion, mainly due to the fact that the binding is "projected forward". And yes, start with stock and let me know what that feels.
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
    4droberts
    @Luzz thanks man. I set it up for now in the centered location which places the heal of the front Binding just a 1/32 forward of John Horton's recommended number.
    Luzz
  • Kdinger838Kdinger838 Posts: 57 Baller
    @Horton you mentioned the r style. have you ever had issue where the front hardshell will release, but you don't come out of the rear? I'm currently on
    Powershells and the idea not coming out together scares me. Especially after ankles surgeries