Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WILL ASHER HEAT MOLDS HIS SYNDICATE HARDSHELL LINER

HortonHorton Posts: 27,723 Administrator

Here’s how Will suggests heat molding your liner for the best fit:
1. Set Oven on Convectoin Mode at roughly 220 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Make a tinfoil wrap so the liner isnt touching the oven grates and place liner in once oven is preheated
3. Cook liner for ~10-12 minutes
4. Apply a thin dress sock to your foot to protect against heat while not adding much volume
5. Remove from oven, quickly apply to foot and strap velcro top strap snugly.
6. Put linered foot into shell, being mindful not to catch the inner-ears of the shell with your heel.
7. Stand up to assure snug fit. Assure that there are no creases in the top of the liner. Latch middle buckle first (tight setting), followed by the buckle nearest to toe and lastly top buckle. Make sure it is on a very tight setting (on buckle ladder) to reduce volume of liner in future use. This should feel tighter than you would use while skiing.
8. Wear on foot for 10-12 minutes until liner cools. Remove and you’re done. Go ski!

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Jody_SealBG1nleuthBulldog

Comments

• 303Skier303Skier Posts: 468 Solid Baller
    That's how I did it!
    Jarrus Steele - Orlando, Florida
  • gregygregy Posts: 2,582 Mega Baller
    I stuffed tissues between my toes and wrapped around them. The first few tries my toes felt really bound up and it wasn't very comfortable. I got the idea from a snow ski boot liner video on youtube.
  • OldboyIIOldboyII Posts: 586 Solid Baller
    edited May 2017
    Unlike Intuition Alpine/Aqua moldable liners, xMax liner has a neoprene toe, it is quite stretchy w/o molding.
    The toe box on the HO liner is not heat moldbable, it's elastic/neoprene.
  • B_SB_S Posts: 228 Crazy Baller
    That video really helps to form an impression about fitting these liners! :D
    @B_S I really like the Kitchen! Looks like Ikea!
    B_S
  • Justin_CJustin_C Posts: 226 Baller
    I'm assuming this same method can be applied to other manufacturers who are using intuition liners? Also, can they be re-molded?
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,723 Administrator
    yes

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Justin_C