Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where to ski in Pensacola, FL

ellenmellenm Posts: 27 Baller
I will be in Pensacola next week and was wondering if it is possible to ski in Milton, FL. It's only about 30 minutes from where we will be staying, but I don't know anyone in that area. It looks like a 4 lake site, so I'm hoping I could get in touch with someone who lives there to get a pull.

Comments

• skiepskiep Posts: 346 Crazy Baller
    try Tom Johnson 850-313-2941
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 445 Crazy Baller
    Not to hijack the thread, but my cousin spotted a ski lake community in Panama City beach but could not remember the name. Does anyone know of it?
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,433 Crazy Baller
    edited May 2017
    That's @Jody_Seal country He would know about all things Pensacola and Panama City
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 378 Solid Baller
    When was in Destin I went to Cory Pickos' waterski school in Santa Rosa Beach.
    MattPschafer
  • Onside135Onside135 Posts: 440 Crazy Baller
    I think Ski Watch is the closest thing to Pensacola?.?.?
  • aupatkingaupatking Posts: 1,626 Mega Baller
    Call Tom, that place is incredible. I'm about an hour away but am between boats. If I can get one on our lake, I'll be happy to pull you
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,433 Crazy Baller
    Give this a shot. Kay Kelly may be able to advise you. [email protected]
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,249 Mega Baller
    Pickos is a nice hour drive from Pensacola.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

@Jody_Seal - what's the place in North PanamaCity? It's a single lake lined with houses.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,249 Mega Baller
    @Booze , that would be Kirkland manor.. very short, the lake should have an overlapping 8 bouys on it. No one really skis there except the guy that devolved it.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,262
    @Jody_Seal ... If you ever here of any houses or lots for sale on Lake 3, at Picko's, on the private lake, let us know. My Wife loves that area and would sell our Lake House here in Orlando in a minute to move there.

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
  • mwfillmoremwfillmore Posts: 68 Baller
    edited March 15
    Hey ballers quick thread resurrection. I’m going to be in Navarre fl this week just east of Pensacola. Hopefully some one on here needs a ski partner one weekday afternoon? Or suggestions on where I can pay for a set.... looks like ski watch estates is pretty close.
    If not I’ll be in fair hope AL near the end of the week if anyone has any ski contacts there.

If so feel free to respond to this thread or DM me

Thanks!
    @mwfillmore I’m in Fairhope. I’ll be in West Texas most of the week, but will be home midday Friday. I’d be happy to pull you at our place, if you’re still around
    @aupatking that sounds amazing. I think We’ll be heading out early morning Friday. But may be able to rearrange around a lil. I Will send you a dm with my cell. Thanks!
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,132 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    @ellenm you can PM me. I could pull you but don’t get home until 545pm
    Shut up and ski
    @The_MS I was the one that resurrected this thread. I’ll shoot you a PM.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,132 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I sent you a PM
    Shut up and ski
    mwfillmore
    I was going to say Cory's, but that' a bit of a drive.
    Ski Watch is a special place, even if you do have to ski with @The_MS
    The_MSmwfillmoreRAWSki
  • NikolGNikolG Posts: 112 Baller
    @Ed_Johnson when you visit to look at places you can rent our house on lake 2. 541-760-2779 I would have to agree with your wife, it’s paradise.
    MattPBroussardmmosley899
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,633 Mega Baller
    skiwatch is cool. Great people. Ski with @The_MS or TJ. 4 lakes, no waiting.

My PB is there, as are a few rocks we got at a funeral of a friend to deposit in a place special to each of us. I threw one toward 5 ball from TJ's dock, we put on in the ocean in Cozumel, and I dropped one from a plane I was flying on the lake where the deceased daughter has a cabin while they stood on the dock...pretty decent shot landed about 50 feet from them.

I digress---it's just a special enough place to throw one of those stones into the water there. Skied a lot of tourneys there, had a lot of fun, some beer, some ribs, some music and some great skiing.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    mwfillmoreD3dude
  • BroussardBroussard Posts: 554 Crazy Baller
    @NikolG That view is prime
    Andre Broussard | SkiBama Team Captain | SkiBennetts |
    mwfillmoreMattP6balls