Tell me about this ski

This ski came with a boat I recently purchased. It is so much heavier than the newer ones. Anybody here that had one?

Comments

• auskierauskier Posts: 462 Baller
    2002 HO ASX. Basically a little wider than the CDX - a legendary ski from HO for a number of years. It looks in fantastic condition for 15 years old. A modern comparison would be the ASX as a senate to a vapor graphite, just a little wider than the top end ski.
    It will feel like a slow heavy pig to a modern ski, but for its era, it was decent.
    Toby
    Nautibynature
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    edited June 2017
    It certainly is skiable for someone who is skiing open water or is a beginner in the course. It is definitely much heavier and will be slower than the newer skis. With a RTP instead of a rear boot it would be a great guest ski for folks that aren't serious skiers as that Venom will work with LFF or RFF.
    Mark Shaffer
    Than_BoganNautibynaturejcampMISkier
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,514 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    It will make a great back rest for a bench
    Shut up and ski
    Wishschafer
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,825 Mega Baller
    Yeppers. Vengeance ASX (renamed just Vengeance before it was retired). As @auskier said, it was like the Senate of its time. Very versatile, forgiving ski that was easy to push hard. Aluminum top, like the CDX.

Always liked the looks of that ski.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
  • NautibynatureNautibynature Posts: 151 Baller
    @MS before I do that I'm going to try and run 41 off on it...first set.
    MISkierThe_MSbbrannanbrooks
  • thagerthager Posts: 5,392 Mega Baller
    Seems to me that Sully got into -41 on that ski.
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    That thing is sweet! I want it for a decoration too!
    NautibynatureALPJr
  • xratedxrated Posts: 506 Solid Baller
    That was my first real ski back at age 18 or so. Always loved the looks and spent lots of time on it. Now it sits in the closet of my old room. Keep thinking about pulling it out for something just not sure what.
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,766 Mega Baller
    edited June 2017
    @Nautibynature you should of had Ray demo that ski and not your CX. Even though it's old it would have been better than his 90's model HO! :D
    Nautibynature
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 859 Crazy Baller
    I still have a 2000 CDX-1 of that vintage that I still think is an awesome ski . Narrower than that ASX and it really cranks when you push it. Like those old Venom bindings too. Good workhose bindings for us non high end skiers
    Nautibynature
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,766 Mega Baller
    @MDB1056 Yep, I still have my Venom on my guest ski and it's in good shape too.
  • NautibynatureNautibynature Posts: 151 Baller
    Sounds like I might try and pickup a RTP and take this thing for a ride.