Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

first 15' off after not skiing for 25 years!

JayproJaypro Posts: 326 Crazy Baller
After graduating from college and starting a career, I stopped skiing for 25 years. 2 years ago my kids got me back into skiing. We bought a used Prostar 190 and the kids loved it! I then immediately had shoulder surgery and missed the year. Last year, I tore my hamstring and missed 1/2 of July and the rest of the summer. It's been a tough go! Today it changed, 15" 30mph, it felt great! Thanks @savaiusini for the HO TX Superlite recommendation and the demo last summer, right before I tore my hamstring (arghhh). What a difference from my 1985 O'Brien TRC!! Looking forward to 22' off by the end of the summer!!
AbR_Ski_StudentsavaiusiniLakeOneSkierThan_BoganjcampMISkier[Deleted User]andjulesgt2003ESPNSkierUWSkierALPJr6balls9400Fam-mankeithh2oskierToddLbbrannanMattCL

Comments

• epnaultepnault Posts: 331 Crazy Baller
    That is awesome. Good for you man
  • jcampjcamp Posts: 838 Mega Baller
    @Jaypro see you at this year's Wrightsville tournament? :)
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 326 Crazy Baller
    @jcamp, I have never competed in a tournament. Not sure I am tournament material!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,588 Mega Baller
    If you consistently run any pass, you are tournament material!!

If you have the desire to meet good skiers (and typically even better people) and get better, and you are willing to invest a little extra weekend time, then get yourself to a tournament and watch the learning accelerate!

Disclaimer: After 20 years of being very active in tournaments, I expect to only ski one this year. I have a million weekend priorities right now. But I'll be back someday, mostly because of the people.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    ToddL
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,989 Mega Baller
    Congratulations. I took about 23 years off at one point and loved getting back to skiing.
    Mark Shaffer