BallOfSpray Water Ski Forum
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Technique & Theory
Skis Fins Bindings
Videos, Photos & Media
News & Other Stuff
Trick and Jump
Stuff For Sale
Site Info & Instructions
12" White Stickers
BallOfSpray $5 Donation
BallOfSpray $10 Donation
Looking to completely detail my boat. Would like to take care of some dirt/scuffs, restore color, and wax. Any recommendations on what products to use for this?
I just went nuts and ordered a set off Rupes DA buffers, a book on boat detailing, and a stack of pain-and-gel-correction products. I am waiting for the Rupes single-action and geared wheel to come out next month as well.
Here is a link to the book.
From what I have been reading, basically:
1. Clean boat and then remove wax with detergent or a wax stripper;
2. Clay Bar the gel to remove grit and contaminants;
3. Gel correction with a wheel (wool pad ) and marine rubbing compound (work in 16" by 16" section and clean pad with each section);
4. Use 3M Finess-it with a wheel and polishing pad or DA polisher and foam pad;
5. Wax with Collinite marine wax or equivalent.
Powered by Vanilla