Mike Hazelwood v John Battelday 2017 - Andy Mapple Pro Am - UK

simonzsimonz Posts: 11 Baller
The legend Mike Hazelwood was back on the water showing how its done. What a privilege to meet the man and see him competing against his old rival John Battleday. John did not give up without a fight.

John Battleday

Looking forward to the re match next year !

Tagged:
Bruce_ButterfieldWishRAKMattProgerwDanEklindy9400Alvin_Neff

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,532 Administrator
    Awesome! @simonz I know you have more images. Post them.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

• GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    I went to Mike Hazelwood's ski school in 1993 in Lake Wales Florida. I had a blast.. Great guy!!
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • rogerwrogerw Posts: 29 Baller

Think they were sorting the finer details of the rumble. Well, before the cracked ribs put paid to that on the Sunday
  • raynrayn Posts: 421 Solid Baller
    @GAJ0004 I went around the same time. But he was on a small pond pretty close to an old Howard Johnson. His was the first 38 I ever saw. His son was a nice little skier at the time. It was a lot of fun.
    Ray Newmark -
  • GAJ0004GAJ0004 Posts: 1,095 Baller
    @rayn I was at the same place. His daughter was there too. She had her dad wrapped around her little finger for sure.. I am guessing she was around 4 at the time.. I was 24 years old at the time. It was my first traveling vacation by myself. It was behind an old Howard Johnson.. There was a huge spider in its web above the dock area. I still am trying to find out what is was. It was half the size of a tarantula, and was black with yellow strips all over it. I have not been back to Florida since 2000. I was struggling with 36 MPH at the time, and I went to Andy and Deena Mapple's school two years later. Between the two I started getting into 32off after that.
    Gary Janzig Streetsboro Ohio, skis at Lake Latonka, Mercer Pennsylvania slalom,trick,kneeboard,barefoot
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,823 Mega Baller
    I've got to find that tape of the '87 Worlds with both of those guys skiing....
  • 94009400 Posts: 646 Crazy Baller
    87 worlds slalom is on you tube, I think