Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Goode Fin Adjustment

How do I measure the fin length on a Goode Nano1 XT. Goode post numbers using jaws but my caliper has notches while Goode's does not. Is there a formula to use tips? Or is there something I'm missing?

Comments

• SkiJaySkiJay Posts: 2,314 Mega Baller
    @MickeyThompson
    There is no exact formula converting jaws to tips because the fin changes shape from long/shallow setups to short/deep setups ... among other reasons. That said, if you add .060" to Goode's jaw measurements, you'll get a tips measurement that is within a few thou, then you can fine-tune from there.
    www.FinWhispering.com ... Your ski should be your dance partner, not a wrestling opponent
    A_Baupatking
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,656
    I'm on a new 66 Nano XT and would be interested to find out what setups people are running. Mine has been pretty close to factory settings since I took it out of the box and it just works.

D=2.487R / 2.491L
    L= 6.840
    DFT .705
    B = 29.25
    Wing = 8.5 (cold water)

'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• bkreisbkreis Posts: 299 Baller
    @MickeyThompson if you measure from mid jaws just lower than notch, you can do it. on my calipers, it's a .050 difference tips to jaws for conversion
    www.skyfitness.com
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,039
    edited August 2017
    All calipers are going to be different based on the jaw length and where they hit the ski when you measure length. I have both the slot calipers and normal Starrett dial calipers and the difference is .080" when using the tips of the dial calipers.. Numbers for my 2017 RFF 66" Nano 1XT: FB 29", 6.833 (tips), 2.497, .699 (head), 8.5 degrees
    Bob Grizzi
    Zman
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 154 Baller
    @SkiJay @ozski @skibug @bkreis Thanks for the help.
  • BobHBobH Posts: 15 Baller
    @SkiJay is there any change to your post above to add .060" to the Goode jaw measurement in order to use tips?

Thanks.
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,496 Crazy Baller
    Like @skibug I find I need to add 0.080 to the slot caliper number when I measure with tips.