Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fill out the 2017 BallOfSpray Reader Survey for a chance to win a Vest, Gloves and Handle from Radar

HortonHorton Posts: 27,773 Administrator
edited November 2017 in Site Info & Instructions

Fill out the 2017 BallOfSpray Reader Survey for a chance to win a Vest, Gloves and Handle from Radar Skis

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• skierjpskierjp Posts: 741 Crazy Baller
    That was the best survey I think I've ever taken. Clear and to the point. Only took a few minutes. Results will be interesting.
    MDB1056swc5150lukewrightShakeski
  • dhofertdhofert Posts: 215 Baller
    That wasnt so bad, took just a few minutes.
  • RazorRoss3RazorRoss3 Posts: 1,339 Mega Baller
    One of the questions in the boat ownership section didn't have a "don't own a boat" option. I think it was the "how old was the last boat you purchased". The other questions in that line had an option for "don't own a boat" so just the one where you might see some strange results
    MattPskialex
  • MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 288 Baller
    As a new baller this is great so see. Nice survey
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,773 Administrator
    @RazorRoss3 there is always something. I fixed that one already but I am sure there is more than one other error in there.

RazorRoss3
  • Bill22Bill22 Posts: 1,615 Crazy Baller
    done
    In gear. Hit It. Thank You!
    Horton
  • When will the winner be announced? Good survey!
    JC McCavit
    @JC McCavit good question

• DavidNDavidN Posts: 281 Solid Baller
    edited November 2017
    The question - When did you last purchase a ski - is missing “last year” as an option. I choose 2 years ago instead.
    A_B
    @DavidN

meh. it is always something. 2016 is two years ago - more or less.

• KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 307 Crazy Baller
    Hope that i win...
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    Took the test, hope I passed. Haven't won a panda yet......
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
    @colo_skier, a panda is not included in the prize ;)

It takes something more spectacularly ridiculous than most of what you could say in a poll
  • colo_skiercolo_skier Posts: 784 Solid Baller
    @RazorRoss3 , exactly why I am Panda bound. >:)
    Not sure I know what I am doing. The boat goes I follow. Trying to perfect the deep water start. Squirrel!
  • 76S&S76S&S Posts: 98 Baller
    done
  • scorban2scorban2 Posts: 92 Baller
    Done. My $'s spent in 2017 number is skewed quite a bit since i bought my first boat. I figured that counted as money spent on skiing.
    Horton
    We just passed 800 complete surveys. There is some pretty interesting stuff in there.

• klindyklindy Posts: 2,294 Mega Baller
    I took it 750 times using random answers each time.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    RichardDoaneski6jonesToddABill22
    @klindy keep making jokey jokes but there is some stuff that a AWSA VP may want to see in here....

• MuskokaKyMuskokaKy Posts: 297 Baller
    LOL @klindy ...i tried taking it more than once but survey money says no! haha
    pretty sweet package to win for taking a survey. good on you @horton and Radar!
    schafer
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 307 Crazy Baller
    Now I am really curious to see what the results show.
  • pregompregom Posts: 152 Baller
    yes, I'm more curious about the results than who wins the prizes. How truthful do you think people are answering ALL questions? I know I didn't like one of the questions and, since there was no answer I felt comfortable with, I just picked the most outrageous one.
    @pregom What question is that?

• klindyklindy Posts: 2,294 Mega Baller
    @Horton I'm very curious about the results. I did take the poll and thought the questions were good. Please share the results.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • 76S&S76S&S Posts: 98 Baller
    @horton For the annual income question, I would have liked there to be a "Prefer not to answer" option. I'm guessing that is the one @pregom is referring to.
    edited November 2017
    @76S&S That data is anonymous so why would you care? I promise you I'm not interested in mining any single users financial information but data for the community as a whole is extremely important for my marketing efforts.

I'll also confess that I kind of goofed when I wrote the survey. 100k to 250k is too broad of an answer.

MattP
    edited November 2017
    @Horton, if you are waiting for people to trust in privacy or anonymity on the internet you may be waiting a very long time. I think a "prefer not to answer" may be the right way to go with question regarding income and any other personal information in the future but I was personally fine answering that one.
    oldjeep
    edited November 2017
    @RazorRoss3 we are getting way off topic but let's just say I know your email address and your personal income plus or minus $50,000. What the hell can I do with that information even if I was incredibly evil?

RazorRoss3
    @Horton, you will notice I answered all questions, I don't care if you know what my income is within $50,000, and have my email address. If you wanted to sell my email address to spammers you've had access to it since October of 2012 when I created my account because it's in my bio.

There will always be people less inclined to put personal information of any variety on the internet than others, it's just a fact of life. I think it was a great survey and should have some useful insights once all the data is put together although I would be willing to guess a correlation that course skiers with high income tend to have purchased skis and boats more recently :)
    MuskokaKyHorton
  • pregompregom Posts: 152 Baller
    @Horton, @76S&S, it was the income question. Granted that this sport requires some level of disposable income, but I never liked questions like those in any survey, even when anonymity is guaranteed. Overall, though, this survey has very good questions. I enjoyed participating.