Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Course Balls who make the best.

Whiteout01Whiteout01 Posts: 19
edited July 2010 in News & Other Stuff
<span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #062971; font-size: 10.5pt">
<p class="MsoNormal">
<span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; color: #062971; font-size: 10.5pt">Guys, who makes the best turn, gate and guide balls, Overton’s, Bart's or other?  The last batch of turn balls I bought from Bart's were fairly hard but seem to be holding up.  I'm not interested in Goode's new product.  I'm on a private lake with 8 houses so we have a few tubers and jet skis but it’s fairly low volume and they typically don't damage anything.  Something soft but durable that holds up to the sun and doesn't turn to mush. An advice would be appreciated.</span>
</p>
</span>

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,238 Mega Baller
    Polyform makes the best boat guides, and their buoys from China seem to hold up very well
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,413 Crazy Baller
    The gladiator balls we put in this spring held their color for about a month, and are now completely faded.  This weekend I painted a set of our old faded buoys with florescent paint.  We'll see if the paint job holds up for more than a month.  A $7.95 can of spray paint is a lot better than installing new balls every month or 2.
  • DekeDeke Posts: 381 Baller
    I agree on the Polyform buoys. They have held their color and shape for us much better than the Overton balls we used in the past. Also, fill valves work way better.
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    Polyform. I just wish they made orange.
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
  • lkblkb Posts: 579 Baller
    ditto that
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,349 Crazy Baller
    Polyform boat guides for sure.  When they fade you can dye them.  Polyform turn balls seem to hold color well, but the drawback on them is the eye is hollow and thin.  The cavity connects to the ball and if the eye gets knicked (or chewed by muskrats, as is our case) the air goes out.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,238 Mega Baller
    Lee repainted our Polyform boat guides, and they look as good as new. Plus, you can tell when drivers get off-center by the paint transfer !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,379 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    We buy Polyform turn balls from Ed at EZ Slalom - they last and Ed's a great guy to do business with. 
    Joe Darwin
  • Bud ManBud Man Posts: 254
    My polyforms are the best I've used. Only had them for about 10 months now. I also wish they came in orange. Many other buoys I've used have faded or turned to sticky goo.
  • GailHGailH Posts: 12 Baller
    I've been getting Polyform buoys at skiertoskier.com at Wayne Canfield's suggestion.  Sure miss him.
    Gail Heinrich - http://ironwoodlakes.com
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    we have polyform "orange" turn balls.  We also repaint the 55's and the boat guide.  The paint works great.
    Bob Grizzi
  • Whiteout01Whiteout01 Posts: 19
    Guys, thanks for all the info.  I order a box of them.