Looking for d3 z7st 68"

tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
edited July 2010 in Technique & Theory
I was too slow and missed out on JD's ski, so I'm looking again.  anyone know where I can get a deal on a demo or slightly used 68"z7st?  or make a case for another ski to try.  I didn't care for the connelly or ho too much and the radar aren't that east to find for a demo.  I'm currently on an x5 67.5" but am a bit heavy for the ski at 212lbs.  I did demo a 67z7 and liked it, but realize I should get the larger size.  skiing at 34mph working on cleaning 32off.  thanks Jeff

Comments

• clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    Did you feel the 67 was too small? Going from an X5 to a Z7, my opinion is that you should go smaller. The Z7 is way faster so you don't need the extra length. The shorter ski will ride a little deeper and be more stable. I went from a 67.5 to a 66 with no regrets (175#).

Call Tadd at H2Osmosis or Henrik at Miami Ski Nautiques. They may have a used one. Plus, they both have a try before you buy program.
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 389 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    I used to ski on an X5 and when I was looking for a new ski I demoed a ZST, Elite and Strada. 
    </p>
    <p>
    I felt that the new ZST was definitely faster than the X5 but yet it still has a lot of the same turning characteristics.  But......I bought the Strada because I felt like it was the best ski for me for trying to run 35 and beyond.  I echo the smaller ski selection. I'm 6' 3' 190 pounds and I used to ski a 68 X5 but now have the 67 Strada.  The Elite and ZST were also 67.  
    </p>
    <p>
    <u>Call Tadd at H2Osmosis.</u>  I've purchased several skis through him and they are great to do busineess with.  I demoed the Strada and ZST through him.  The Elite came from a guy at my lake. 
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
    Thanks guys but I'm 215lbs so I feel my current ski is a bit small, don't you agree? Thanks
  • skiinxsskiinxs Posts: 683 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    <p>
    I have a 68" ZT ST (bought it about six weeks ago) that I may be willing to sell.  Email me at Z7 at davekrohne dot com.
    </p>
    <p>
    Dave
    </p>
  • jordanskisjordanskis Posts: 12
    <p>

</p>
    <p>
    There is one up on ski-it-again...http://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?topic=Search&postid=12472
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    <p>

</p>
  • tru-jacktru-jack Posts: 258 Baller
    found one, thanks guys