Elite Fin setting

blockblock Posts: 172 Baller
edited July 2010 in Technique & Theory
<p>
   I am getting frustrated, I have been skiing a 68.5 Elite for 3 months and am skiing beautiful passes through 32 off.
</p>
<p>
When I get to 35 the ski does not feel free; won't get width and feels fast into the ball. My settings are 2.510 , 6.855, .797, and bindings @ 30". (measurements using tips and thumb method-dft) I have not tried any other settings. I was thinking of trying Andy's settings (2.510,6.837, .785) or maybe just taking out tip. I haven't seen much on the 68.5 settings, what do you guys think?
</p>
John Seiler

Comments

• ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,286
    Everyone I've seen on an Elite does better with less tip and less dft than you're running. The elite is pretty sensitive on dft.  Andy's settings seem to be pretty good for the 67 and 68.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• blockblock Posts: 172 Baller
    Thanks!
    John Seiler
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,823 Mega Baller
    <p>
    block,
    </p>
    <p>
    I would take the tip out first, to about the 6.840 range, then creep back with the DFT. You are long and farther forward than normal. I have not seen many skiers with more than 6.840 length.
    </p>
    <p>
    Skidawg is now on a 68". If he sees this thread maybe he will hit you with his current numbers.
    </p>
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,480 Mega Baller
    On the 2011 68 elite (super sweet ride btw) I run my bindings at 30, length (tips) 6.837, depth 2.5095, dft .7935.  I change the dft according to water temp.  take some length out and you will get free. back it up a touch also.  let me know how it works!
    NWA....Heaven on earth!
    Thanks for the help; I will try tonight!
    John Seiler
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,525 Administrator
    I SWEAR by Andy's #s. I tried to cook my own and ended up back at his. Start there and then let us know what you think.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

Much better! I started @.785 dft, I may try .790 this weekend.  Thanks for the help.
    John Seiler
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,525 Administrator
    Seems like a few years ago I never trusted any factory #s except maybe Goode. Now I start factory with all skis and do not stray far.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes