Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spring Mountain Ski Ranch

jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 199 Crazy Baller
Hi All, About 8 years ago I went and looked at this ski lake development near Phoenix and the lots were selling around $300k, all these years later and lots are selling (maybe selling) well under $100k. Looks like no homes have ever been built, does anyone know what happened to this ski lake? Does it ever have a future?

Comments

• LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 597 Crazy Baller
    Lots at $55k. Wow
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 726 Crazy Baller
    Kinda wondered about this place Too. Maybe it needs a few houses built there to get things going.
    Current quarterly fees are $774 I believe and a 2,000 sq. ft min. house size.
    Out of town a ways so that would reduce interest. However Lakeside Ski village is very close by and it is almost all built out.
    Someone will bite at those prices you would think.
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,466 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    edited February 2018
    6k in dues and water use rights are up in 2025.
    Shut up and ski
    Brady
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 726 Crazy Baller
    I had heard that the first house is being built or has been built.
    SusanT
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 214 Solid Baller
    The first house is under construction at this time. The project has good bones design wise and is in a beautiful location on a road less traveled. It skies very well. Water ski properties in the south west are becoming a hot item as of late.
    SusanT
  • jpattigrjpattigr Posts: 199 Crazy Baller
    Susan, thanks a ton for taking the time to clear up the status of the lakes! this is the info I was looking for and so happy to hear that it is still moving forward. Have fun skiing!!
    SusanTThan_Bogan
  • SusanTSusanT Posts: 65 Baller
    @jpattigr Happy to have helped. Please feel free to contact me directly if you need additional or future info.
    Susan Talarico - Ski hard or go home!
    waterskiarizona.com
    Than_Bogan
  • bananaronbananaron Posts: 332 Crazy Baller
    @SUSANT YOUR WEBSITE WITH THE INFO AND VIDEOS IS VERY WELL DONE.IF YOU NEED INFO ON ARIZONA SKIING CK IT OUT.......
    Ron Engblom Brainerd lakes,minnesota
    SusanT
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,543 Mega Baller
    @bananaron Link?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    @bananaron Thanks! I need to update the Spring Mountain video as it is 2 year old (ancient in the cyber world). Hoping to do that in the next few months before it gets too hot!
    @Than_Bogan the website is in my signature, but I will add it here for you waterskiarizona.com
    waterskiarizona.com
    Than_Bogan
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,543 Mega Baller
    @SusanT Thanks. That is BEAUTIFUL.
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    SusanT
    Thanks @Than_Bogan
    waterskiarizona.com
  • Joe2skiJoe2ski Posts: 1 Baller
    Just updating SMSR. Some good stuff happening out there! Along with the house thats going in there are two boat houses in design phase and another under construction. Another lot just sold this week and with 2 other sales this year to skiers who are excited to see the lakes continued progress, things are looking good out there. As one of the original lot owners it’s been a long process but we are excited about the future at Spring Mountain Ranch and the property is shaping up. We’re feeling like property values are finally rising and owners are spending $$ on improving their lots.

scotchipmanbishop8950