Right size trick for a 65lb kid?

ktm300ktm300 Posts: 446 Solid Baller
edited July 2010 in Technique & Theory
Despite the fact that there is not trick skier within 60 miles of us, my daughter has been asking to trick. I have a 44" KD honeycomb ski that I skied on many years ago. What is the right size for her that she can get a few years out of? She is soon to be 10 y.o. Thanks. I loved trick skiing but quit because I was the lone ranger where I live. Time to limber up and dig up my release.

Comments

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,794 Mega Baller
    I've got a couple of decent trick skis that I'm done with, I think they're 41 or 42's, which would be about right for her. Possible trade for your 44 if you're interested
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    She could probably go 39 or 40" I started my son at around 110 lbs on a 41" and it worked great. I am sure Eric will post here and can help with sizing.
    Mark Shaffer
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 4,001 Infinite Pandas
    <p>
    Get a new D3 hardedge 43" ski. While it is way too big for her now, she will grow into it. You will just have to adjust the speed and rope length. I personally like the way the 43 handles - it has a nice balance that the smaller skis lacked. Note that I have skied on 38" skis in the past so there is no prejudice. Wakeboards are much larger and make learning really easy for kids. So don't be afraid of a big ski for kids.
    </p>
    <p>
    The newest skis really are better than your old 44". D3, Quantum and Goode are making fantastic skis which will have a much steeper learning curve. It will be worth the money. Get two binding setups and you two might be able to share the new ski.
    </p>
    <p>
    Richard, quit wasting money on wax, cleaners and synthetic oil for that fancy new boat and get a new modern trick ski instead.
    </p>
    <p>
    Eric
    </p>
  • RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,794 Mega Baller
    I like my wakeboard, and am sticking with it, as I am not truly a "ghey" trick skier !  Just need to throw a couple flips and I'll be on top of the podium !
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"