Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'07 Nautique engine problem

Thomas WayneThomas Wayne Posts: 550 New Baller
edited July 2010 in News & Other Stuff
<p class="MsoNormal">
We have an annoying problem with an '07 Nautique 196 Limited, PCM 330 HP.   At speeds under 30, engine cuts out randomly for a
micro-second at a time. Not enough for skier to feel it, but very annoying to the
boat crew.  Problem occurs with or without the ZO turned on.
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
We've tried:
</p>
<p class="MsoNormal">
New cap, rotor, plugs, wires, "Heet"  in the fuel, removing the
anti-siphon device at top of fuel tank.
</p>
<p>
So far nothing has improved the issue even a tiny bit.  I'm hoping someone out there is familiar with this problem and knows of a fix - other than jacking it up and driving a new Malibu/Mastercraft/etc. in underneath it...
</p>
<p>
TW
</p>

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,043
    It sounds like it may be a "chip/ECM issue"  i had something similar on my 03 Malibu.  It would not run between 2600 and 2900 rmp's; by that I mean it would go from 2599 to 2601 nothing inbetween.  I think they had to switch out a chip or recalibrate something with the ECM.  Might be worth a diagnostic on the ECM.
    Bob Grizzi
  • TW:PCM is a great company and will stand behind their engines. This is likely a cam retard issue. Contact your dealer. There is possiblly a service bulliten about this.