Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Used bindings...how do I get a binding plate?

arogersarogers Posts: 8 Baller
Well, this is probably a stupid question, but that's never stopped me before!
I'm getting a new-ish ski for the first time in 30 years or so. If I try to buy used bindings on Ski It Again, how will I get a binding plate? I assume I need something between the bindings and the ski...does it need to match the ski or the binding (if different brands)?

I'm getting a Radar Strada blank...thinking about Vector bindings. Any thoughts on how to proceed? I'm in Arkansas and no ski shop to view/test potential choices.

Thanks folks!
Andy
Tagged:

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,418 Mega Baller
    You dont need a plate to put normal bindings on normal skis.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    arogers
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,622 Administrator
    edited June 2018
    @arogers modern bindings come with plates that mount on to modern skis. All modern front bindings fit the front binding holes on all modern skis.

There are some notorious incompatibilities with back bindings. The Connelly stuff mostly fits the D3 stuff. HO stuff mostly fits Radar. D3 bindings and some Radar bindings fit almost all skis. Confused yet? The good news is most of the incompatibilities can be solved with the right file or a drill bit.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

aupatkingarogers
  • arogersarogers Posts: 8 Baller
    Good to know...just being sure. Thanks @Horton and @oldjeep By the way @oldjeep , I used to drive a 1947 Willys cj3a which my brother still has. Cheers to the Jeep!