Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

link to the new rules regarding the new Nautique

HortonHorton Posts: 27,743 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Comments

• thagerthager Posts: 4,570 Mega Baller
    Wow! That's a lot of monkey motion!
    Stir vigorously then leave!
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,743 Administrator
    edited June 2018
    After reading this doc and having heard some inside baseball I have to ask..... why do we care how many hydorgate settings there are or how full the ballast tanks are or how much extra weight is in the boat for tricks? The boat owner may have a strong preference and the lake owner may have a preference but if 55% of ballast works for one skier and 75% works for another who cares?

On the flip side I do see the value in a rule (mostly trick and jump) that says you have only 90 seconds for any personal boat set up tweaks between skiers. (oooo yea and if your personal tweaks do not work the way you want them to there will be no reride)

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Texas6
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,872 Infinite Pandas
    @MS No, the 79 American Skier!
    dchristmanThe_MS
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,254 Mega Baller
    Anything to get back to a non mind boggling ski set.
    Shut up and ski
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,185 Crazy Baller
    It says you can get a reride if the micro tuners don’t deploy... how could you possibly know if they didn’t deploy?? “Oh the wake felt rough, tuners must not have deployed can I get a reride”
    escmanazeDanE
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 740 Crazy Baller
    I think it says 45 seconds
    kc
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,770 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    "That is a lot of nonsense to fix what wasn't broken..."

Spot on
    eleeskiWaterSkier12UWSkier
    Just noticed this “The hydrogate now has 11 positions”

I couldn’t imagine wanting to learn to trick ski and the boat driver asking which of the eleven settings I want.. Thank god theres only 1 for slalom...
    WaterSkier12
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,293 Mega Baller
    edited June 2018
    @Ilivetoski Sounds like there are variable settings for the Microtuners too?
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
  • thagerthager Posts: 4,570 Mega Baller
    Seated, standing, lying down, on head, missionary, What are the other six?
    Stir vigorously then leave!
    HockdogBruce_ButterfieldAndreJody_Seal
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 265 Crazy Baller
    My understanding was that tuners are either engaged or not engaged determined by rope length and speed. Intituitvely I would think that a variable setting for particular speed/ length would be more effective but would require variable actuators and significantly more testing and software development for a deployment map. That is all with assumption that the tuners aren’t a bandaid for a Hull with a less than optimal wake.

Seems much complication for little if any improvement over the 200. Glad my 2009 196 has a key ($15) vice key pad, I hate to hazard a quess on repair cost for the display/processors/actuators for the 2019
    Bruce_ButterfieldMillerTime38
    @JackQ have you skied or drove the boat?
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 265 Crazy Baller
    Skied not driven as of yet, only two tournament sets. I can’t say it is better or worse than other boats without a lot more time behind it, but I can say it felt different. No pronununced curl next to wake just froth and turbulence, wakes did not seem softer but maybe wider apart. It was only two sets in the fog of a tournament.
    skierjp
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    11 settings? Seemingly infinite ways to tune the wake? Does the average weekend skier really care? And we ask ourselves why our sport is dying?
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    thagerDaveD
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    If the Olympic hope wasnt already dead. This probably put the nail in the coffin
    APBWaterSkier12ReggieO
    @lakeaustinskier This boat was not built for the average weekend skier. Why our sport is dying? Not sure why you would make this comment. The number 1 three event boat manufacture just spent millions of dollars and years of R&D and you are accusing them of killing the sport. Give me a break. I guess you probably thought the same think when ski companies came out with the adjustable slalom ski fin!
    escmanazeEricKelley
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    @skierjp I’m not banging on CC. I currently own a 2015 200 and a 2017 GS20 and love them. BUT if we are trying to increase the numbers in our sport I believe this might not be the way to go.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    AndreWaterSkier12
    the adjustments are probably a little much, but the price of boats is doing way more harm than some hydrogate settings
    Andresunnshinne
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,052
    edited June 2018
    hahahahahaha Don't get caught up in the price? I realize that you have a vested interest in Nautique. But that is ludicrous. Boats are already priced out of most family's hands these days. Welcome to making the entry point even harder.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

ISP6balljedgellthager
    @BoneHead new boats create the used boat market. I’m pretty sure the 2019 is sold out through the end of the year anyway. Be glad we are not talking about airplanes!!!
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,293 Mega Baller
    Price is an issue ultimately but I’m not convinced that’s a big picture problem. I have friends who are buying $50-100k pontoon boats, bass boats out of sight too. At Cabelas you can buy a decked out pontoon for $65k and make $200+/- payments for 240 months (seriously!). Just today I read an article posted by Bill Yeargin that stated the boat sales (new and used) in Ontario are on the order of 100,000 boats a year. 65,000 of them imported into Canada where the Canadian dollar is weak against the US dollar.

Point is there appears to be a market for boats generally. And the boat companies are investing into R&D to improve the boats. New models are typically a good thing.

So prices are scary high and it’s not a poor mans sport. But overall the market seems to be supporting where we are today.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Vice President
    AWSA Southern Region EVP
    skierjpbishop8950
  • sunperchsunperch Posts: 237 Crazy Baller
    Is there a copy of the "matrix supplied by Nautique"? How do we know if the pull received in a tournament is within the matrix?
    BroussardMattP
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    Look in the glove box, or under the seat
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,345 Crazy Baller
    Just for info, would one of you guys who own a new Nautique post a screen shot or something of the "matrix"?
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge