What have you lost in your lake?

TELTEL Posts: 229 Solid Baller
Since moving on a lake a year and a half ago. I have lost sunglasses, Ski handle, one glove, drone, sockets, screwdriver and goggles that I bought to look for future stuff that falls in, went to throw them in the boat while on my lift hit one of the cables right to the bottom.
Wish

Comments

• AndreAndre Posts: 1,049 Crazy Baller
    edited June 2018
    Handle,13\16 Spark Plug wrench,,cheap sunglasses,almost my Reflex Shell ...had to quickly dive back on this one!
  • raynrayn Posts: 376 Baller
    Couple of cell phones before I bought a pelican case with an attached float
    Ray Newmark -
  • slowslow Posts: 343 Solid Baller
    A 1961 century. Hit by a another boat in the middle of the night in a 150 feet of water as a kid. It went to the bottom.
    npenley
  • KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,111 Mega Baller
    Handle caught in a slack rope from a handle pop, G10 binding plate with micro just blew into the water, cell phone slid off the dash of a new MC and over the gunnel, ceiling fan blades blown off by tropical storms, nice craftsman wrench working on the jump. That’s all I can remember. I’m sure there’s more.
    Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas
  • LovellLovell Posts: 97 Baller
    My wife dropped a iPhone into Jovias Pond. I figured it was gone. A few hours later another guy suggested I try to find it. I dove into the muddy bottom and somehow found it. That was three plus years ago. The darn thing still works. No bag of rice or anything.
    Bill22Bulldogkeithh2oskierStephenFawcett
  • CReckardCReckard Posts: 23 Baller
    Jug of Aquashade, tape measure, screw driver, and wedding ring
    ski4xtc
  • DynaSkiPeteDynaSkiPete Posts: 137 Baller
    I own a nice sized magnet on a long rope. Never lose metal stuff. Our lake is fairly clear too.
    ski4xtc
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,630
    Leatherman. Ouch.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski: KD Platinum

• LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,299 Crazy Baller
    We use a 12v battery powered pump for jump water. Had it off charging it. Guy says "I'll put it on." Puts it on his platform. Did he idle out? Noooo, he slams it down and off goes the deep cycle marine battery. I guess we're all still skiing in battery acid residuals.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    usaski1keithh2oskier
  • bdoughertybdougherty Posts: 86 Baller
    Wedding ring
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,801 Mega Baller
    Mostly some tools and a pair of sunglasses.
    Mark Shaffer
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 280 Baller
    Gas cap for the boat.......piss me off. Had a spare fortunately.
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,299 Crazy Baller
    @skibrain I saw that happen to a guy at Southern Regionals many years ago swimming to shore. First time he had a release. I believe they were Fogmans.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • vtjcvtjc Posts: 216 Baller
    Cell phone, Leatherman and other various small tools. Once lost a pair of sunglasses the day I bought them. AMEX replaced the sunglasses and covered the cell phone for the price of the contract which was above the amount I had charged on the card.

I am hoping to recover a large drill bit I use to measure the ice, chuck came loose and it went through the ice. Just got my SCUBA tank filled for that mission.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 390 Solid Baller
    4 pairs of Revo sunglasses, one cellphone, one 18v rechargeable battery, gas cap.
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 991 Mega Baller
    I dropped a crescent wrench when adjusting the legs on the dock after ice out one year. Figured I'd get it once the water was warmer but could never locate the damn thing even though I knew exactly where it went in. Crystal clear water too.
  • McGruderMcGruder Posts: 24 Baller
    Pair of Serengeti sunglasses - just use cheap ones for the lake now. Handle after detaching from the rope. My buddy flew over us skiing one day in his Cessna 210, stuck his head out the window to yell at us as he buzzed over, and lost his Ray Ban's. They dropped 15 feet in front of the boat as we were setting down after running the course. LMAO.
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,396 Historical Baller
    In the Back-Back, when I was a kid, I would wear my watch while skiing. Saw C. G. skiers wearing a watch; thought it was cool. I fell, and it went to the bottom. Had approximate location, but a diver couldn't find it. Fortunately, not an expensive watch. Another time, when I went to my local marina to get some screws, they gave me 1 extra "for the lake".
  • A_BA_B Posts: 4,034 Mega Baller
    Most of the stuff above along with a fin and wing that tore out of a loose fin box (while skiing). A 2” fin measuring block.
  • scorban2scorban2 Posts: 91 Baller
    Our local lake requires we wear "highly visible head gear" while we ski. We're pretty sure the lake is lined with cheap bright hats that weve lost over the years.

On the opposite topic, we once found a bowling ball floating in the lake...
    jetpilotg4
  • MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 132 Baller
    Fin from the bottom of my Nautique that a buddy ran into a rock probably no good any way but could not find it. Thick prescription glass's had to wear prescription sun glasss's
    the rest of vacation day and night.
  • rockdogrockdog Posts: 533 Crazy Baller
    Kid pulled wife’s gold bracelet off as we hurled him into the water with his hands on her arm..
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 284 Baller
    Handle pop came back and sent my friends gopro and the arm clamp (attached to the pylon) flying into the water. Never seen again.

Gopro needs to add a pressure sensor so it can detect “gopro overboard” situation and go into strobe mode to make it easy to find on the bottom of the lake!
    StephenFawcett
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 259 Solid Baller
    Lots of sockets and wrenches, plenty of sunglasses, expensive ear plugs, cheap ear plugs, cuff to a FM hard shell, a gopro with some great footage for sure. Finally, some pec tendon, a little rotator cuff and labrum, several degrees of ankle mobility, and about a dozen eardrums.
    StephenFawcett
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 396 Crazy Baller
    My GoPro. First time using it I had it stuck onto the front of the ski and tied the safety lanyard to my binding. The mount holding it to the ski snapped hitting the wake and the safety lanyard eye broke on the case. I owned the thing for 6 days and sunk it :/
    StephenFawcettjhughes
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,001 Crazy Baller
    When my son was three he went “fishing” with a brand new handle when we were stopped between sets. He dropped the handle and never saw a fish.... lol. It had only five sets on it. We still laugh about it today every time we stop to change handles.
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,337 Mega Baller
    About 6 pairs of sunglasses.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 442 Crazy Baller
    Lost my go pro too on first time use. Bummer.
  • JackQJackQ Posts: 213 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Dry Suit! I was skiing and my wife’s new dry suit blew out of boat and past me. It sank before we could get, dove and dove looking for it until I was approaching hypothermia. Of course you don’t ski with a dry suit unless it is cold.