Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First 22' off since 1986 on my Omni!

JayproJaypro Posts: 307 Crazy Baller
I skied first 22' today in decades! I took 30 years off of skiing, and started again a few years back. First year back shoulder surgery, 2nd year torn hamstring, last year ACL surgery. My vow this year, stay healthy! Bought myself a Syndicate Omni and a MOB binding. I have been skiing 15 off, building strength back. The Omni has me so early and wide with such confidence, I decided to try 22' off again! Boom! Skied a set at 22' off no problems. Thanks HO!!
SivotaThan_BoganMuskokaKyWishaupatkingskihartUWSkierbogboysunvalleylawLuzzballsohardBraceMakermmosley899vtmechengozskiMichaelGoodman

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,799 Mega Baller
    edited July 2018
    Awesome!

what are you doing with the front of the MOB plate? I h
    have 3m tape under it but it makes the mikrojust pointless
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    @Jaypro, congrats! Great sk, and great skiing!
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 307 Crazy Baller
    I lined it up, put duct tape behind the heel, pulled the red tape off and reinstalled.
  • LuzzLuzz Posts: 331 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @Jaypro Great skiing!! That ski is one great piece of carbon!
    Host of The Water Ski Podcast
    Organizer of the San Gervasio Pro Am (recap videos from 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, and 2014)
    Co-organizer of the Jolly Clinics
    See what I am up to on Twitter and Instagram.
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 599 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @Jaypro I keep hearing great things about that ski, I would like to ski it sometime...
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
  • vtmechengvtmecheng Posts: 621 Crazy Baller
    Congratulations! I was new to the course last year and couldn't get more than 3 on my old ski. This year I got a Carbon Omni. We finally got the course set this weekend and on my third set of the year I completed my first ever pass! It wasn't pretty but this ski is so forgiving that I was able to maintain control. HO did a great job.
    mmosley899DaveD
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 599 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @BraceMaker if we could convince the ski companies to put the trick ski insert pattern in the slalom skis we would be close to eliminating the 3m tape. There is another set of screws up front on trick bindings.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller