Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jump ski protection

ScarletArrowScarletArrow Posts: 801 Crazy Baller
I've got a brand new pair of jump skis for my kids... Do you go with tip & tail covers, or the full length ski socks?
Anthony Warren

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    @ScarletArrow I don't have covers for my son's skis when we flew with them I wrapped them in towels.

I would recommend a full face helmet for the kids.
    Mark Shaffer
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,559 Mega Baller
    The best jump ski protection is to just stay away from them!
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,522 Mega Baller
    Several options depending on how you store and travel:
    - 3 event bag for travel is the most convenient and lets you put the rest of the jump paraphernalia in there as well. They will be pretty well protected with nothing else.
    - Ski socks are an easy compromise and will help them from getting beat up too much. I made some out of bubble/foil insulation you can get at Home Depot.
    - Nothing - jump skis are pretty tough and expect to take abuse.

Another trick if you ever fly is to wrap pool noodles around both tip and tail before putting in the 3 event bag. Best protection against airline abuse I've seen.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
  • unksskisunksskis Posts: 352 Baller
    For kids skis, tip and tail covers. If they're long, the Eagle neo socks are even better imo, and you can use both for traveling.
  • nikandstevenikandsteve Posts: 57 Baller
    Ski it Again sells a cool elastic cover that has a fleece interior. (Its one of the ads) They happen to fit with the pool noodles on as well if you loosen the straps. We have used our for years!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    I have flown multiple times with my son’s jump skis in a 3 event bag wrapping towels around the ends and not had any problems. I never used pool noodles but did use pipe insulation around trick skis to protect the edges.
    Mark Shaffer