Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How does a skier find out when they ski regionals? Found it and attached it folks.

markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 934 Crazy Baller
edited July 2018 in News & Other Stuff
So I know me and my daughter ski slalom on Friday. But how would someone figure out roughly what time there group starts? Should a person just plan on being at the lake at 8am to find out there group doesn’t start until 3pm? Am I missing something on the AWSA web pages? Thanks in advance
Ski it if you can!!!!

Comments

• skier2788skier2788 Posts: 736 Crazy Baller
    Hey Mark. I usually look at what groups are ahead of me and figure six minutes a skier. If you go to awsa website and then click on register in the pop down menu it has check registration status and then find the tournament. Then under the top left tab you can select scheduling and it will tell you how long per division. I think the default setting is 6 minutes for slalom. Shows trick and jump as well.
    Travis Torley
  • skier2788skier2788 Posts: 736 Crazy Baller
    Here is what the West looks like for you.

Travis Torley
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,964 Mega Baller
    Because of the uncertain nature of how long each set takes it is more of an art than a science. I use the math @skier2788 laid out and make sure to check at the starting dock at least an hour before I think I need to be there.
    Mark Shaffer
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 934 Crazy Baller
    @skier2788 I understand how to use the reports menus and different drop downs. The part a skier cannot see or find is what groups are going first second third etc. I know M4 is the forth slalom group on Friday but the only way I know that is the text messaging between us earlier this week. If you don’t have access to someone on site how would you figure out grouping order? I guess you just call the tournament director? Seems like there should be a way to look it up. Am I still missing something?
    Ski it if you can!!!!
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 531 Crazy Baller
    All of the info should be in the regional guide. It is in the Southern region.
  • lpskierlpskier Posts: 2,573 Mega Baller
    Well, here in the Eastern Region, we get emails with links to updated running orders and judges assignments. Then again, we are the most civilized of regions.
    John Wilkins- Si non pro sanguine quem ludus ne. #iskiconnelly
  • markchilcuttmarkchilcutt Posts: 934 Crazy Baller
    edited July 2018
    Thanks to @dvskier and @skier2788 for pointing me to the regional guide. This has been a good look and ask and you can find the answers. Guess i am out of the loop. See attached schedule.
    Ski it if you can!!!!
    skier2788
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,349 Crazy Baller
    When all else fails go to your regional guide. I am reminded of a regionals about twenty years ago that was held at Jack Travers. (Actually 1995) It was when there were nearly 100 M3 skiers., an all day event. Guys didn't want to be there all day, so they guesstimated when they would ski. It was windy as heck. Guys starts missing openers and things went fast. Soon people were getting scratched and it just multiplied. Lots of skiers got scratched.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 2,611 Mega Baller
    First Regionals for me this year. Timing will not be a concern. My group skis at 7:00AM and my ranking will put me near the beginning, if not first off the dock (depending on who else competes).
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 685 Crazy Baller
    Happiness is remembering that the 7 a.m. start is central time and I am wired for eastern. The 7 a.m. hour won’t be too bad.
    MISkier
  • elrelr Posts: 286 Mega Baller
    Missed a Nationals trick ride - figured 5 minutes ride and an hour early. Actually ended up taking 2.5 minutes a ride. Its an important tournament get there way early.
    Ed Rink - LSF Texas
    markchilcutt