Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can a Wiley binding be adjusted?

My daughter crashed at 26 MPH and injured her ankle, I believe it's because the Wiley binding did not release because it is too tight. I have crashed a few times on mine and they do release if bad enough. Does anyone know how to loosen the binding? Is it an issue of punching new holes in the wrap, or will that weaken the binding too much?

Comments

• j2nhj2nh Posts: 63 Baller
    Punch holes in the wrap and to loosen the fit. Be warned, a Wiley is a bugger to put back together. Have multiple pairs of vice-grips on hand for an easier time.
    Johnbrannan
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,798 Mega Baller
    @j2nh get a few longer screws and plain nuts.. Start feeding the rubber on and tighten everything up. Then one by one zip out the screws and replace them with the proper cap nut and screws. Makes it way better.
    jimskiozskiskialexj2nh
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,659
    Ok my little guy is 8 and I cut the Wiley wrap at the back straight through so it will release easily for him, its still tight to get on and off but he will come out of it in a fall. I also cut the boot height down. He spent his first year in a soft lace up binding with the laces undone, now hes on the Wiley and skiing a whole lot better.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

jimskiOldboyII
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 314 Crazy Baller
    They can be loosened if the wraps have not been cut off.
    Unscrew the front two screws of the heel hardware and loosen the back two. Pull some of the wrap back to the binding side and drill screws through wrap in the new position.
    If wraps have been cut you will need new ones.
    Johnbrannan
  • blagratablagrata Posts: 86 Baller
    @ozski what kind of lace up binding did you have him in? I just order the radar kids ski for my 8 year old and am worried the bindings that come with it will be too big.