Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2014 Ski Nautique 200 with 6.0L 450 HP

PAskierPAskier Posts: 18 Baller
Hey Ballers
I am looking at a 2014 Ski Nautique open bow with a 450Hp 6.0L .
Any thoughts on reliability and longevity with this engine version?
How is it for slalom 22 off through 35 off? I am assuming it would be a very solid pull.
Currently skiing a 5.7 in an 2008 SN 196.
Any other thoughts or words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Comments

• 6balls6balls Posts: 5,142 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Your '08 rocks...so will the '14. I really prefer the pull of the big HP motors in the 200 over the 5.7.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    jayski
  • BdeckerBdecker Posts: 281 Solid Baller
    I ski a ‘14 with 6L 409 regularly and love the pull. Minor nitpick on the ‘14 is the throttle lever operation is a bit awkward and stiff. Great boat and pull. Can’t see how another 41 HP would hurt.
    Zmanmcskier41
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 295 Baller
    Having skied and driven both, one aspect that stands out is how the 200 is a tractor in the course, it resists the lateral pull of the skier better than the 196. I thought my 196 tracked great in the course, until I drove a 200!
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,228 Mega Baller
    Must be the boat in AL.

Is the engine a completely new block,short block,long block or rebuilt ?
    What happened to original engine and how many total hrs on the boat?
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,515 Crazy Baller
    I drive and ski a 2014 SN 6.0 409 as well. Tracks great, easy to drive. Have pulled up to 36 mph [email protected]
    Have not noticed the throttle lever concern mentioned about.
    Fun to ski behind.
    I didn't know there was a 6.0 with 450HP?
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,348 Crazy Baller
    '14 was one of two years ('13 or '15) can't remember which that had an ill mannered throttle. You get used to it, but warn any new driver.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 530 Crazy Baller
    @Zman I think that would be the 6.2L engine producing 450 hp.
    ski6jones
  • dbutcherdbutcher Posts: 321 Solid Baller
    It was 2013 and 2014. In 2015 they went to an electronic throttle, and it is sweet.
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 746 Crazy Baller
    In 14 and I believe 15 Nautique had a 6 liter HO that had 450 hp, my neighbor has one. The throttle is a little firm but no big deal.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,767 Mega Baller
    the 450 is not a 6.2. different cam and more robust tuning in the ECM, boat really wont go that much faster as the rev limiter is set same as a 409. where the package really shines is in jumping and elevation. slalom pull is very similar to that of a 409 or current 6.2DI provided a single puck unit is installed.
    I liked mine.

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

skierjpbaja
  • PAskierPAskier Posts: 18 Baller
    Thanks All for your comments. @Andre this is not the boat in AL It was on Boat Trader for a while.
  • AndreAndre Posts: 1,228 Mega Baller