Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could you actually use something different than a trick ski?

bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 940 Crazy Baller
I want to enter tricks and am ok on a trick ski, but a few of us were talking and could you actually use a different piece of equipment? Meaning a wakeskate etc as long as it didn’t have fins? I am better on a wakeskate.....I know they do tricks and 3 event on kneeboards so why not? Can imagine what these comments are going to be.....

Comments

• BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,790 Mega Baller
    Yes. Half score in collegiate
  • Bruce_ButterfieldBruce_Butterfield Posts: 1,526 Mega Baller
    I’m pretty sure the only restriction is width to length ratio and no fixed fins. Check the rule book to be sure.
    The half point on the wakeboard is only collegiate.
    I'm Ancient. WTH do I know?
    mmosley899eleeski
  • usaski1usaski1 Posts: 739 Crazy Baller
    The rule has recently been changed to %35, so the width can't be more than %35 of the length. Used to be %30. Lots more wakeboards qualify now.
    Mark Turner -- Water skiing changed my life forever.
    mmosley899
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    One of the skiers in our region competes on a wakeboard. They can be hard to judge sometimes so he puts something around his “front” leg to help identify reverses.
    Mark Shaffer
    mmosley899
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 597 Water Ski Industry Professional
    @bigskieridaho Yes you can use any board that is not more than 35% wide to length. My son tricked at Regionals a few years back on a wakeboard, scoring around 1000pts. College tournaments score different.
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller