Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

a tale of two skis

ToddFToddF Posts: 553 Solid Baller
I bought a 66.75 nano 1 xt mounted my bindings and skied four sets on it, I could barely get around the 2 ball at 28 off,
switch back to my vapor 67 next time out and run my usual 28 then 32 and struggle at 35 but it felt kinda weird while doing it. It was until my last set I realized that I hadn't put the wing back on the vapor, yet I still skied the same.
I switched skis like anyone else searching for more balls.
Also the 67 is too small for me I feel like.

So my question is why can't I ski on a goode I couldn't get it to turn to save my life, and tried their recommended settings.

And why did I ski the same with no wing actually I think I could ski better without the wing or even 5-7 degrees vs 8 or 9

Comments

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    @ToddF I never skied the XT but I had a 66.75" N1 and couldn't ski it. I was coming off a 66" Goode Mid and took a huge step back. I traded the Mid for the N1 over a winter and frankly spent 2 years searching for the right fit before going back to a 66" Goode Mid. At the time I was 6' between 220-230 lbs. I was about the same as you ability wise running 3 or 4 at 35 off before trying the N1. I tried a 68" Helix and a 68" Blue Vapor and didn't really find the love with either of them. I got back on a Goode Mid and felt like I was coming home.

Unfortunately I have been hurt and haven't been able to get back to my previous level but I have been running 32 mph and feel very comfortable on the Mid.

I learned a couple of things from wandering in the wilderness. First not all skis are for everyone. Second never sell your old ski before learning if your new ski is better for you.
    Mark Shaffer
    Glydon
  • 6balls6balls Posts: 5,133 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Chef23 last statement is key.
    Dave Ross--die cancer die
    Chef23Glydon
  • ToddFToddF Posts: 553 Solid Baller
    Yes! Glad I kept my vapor.
  • GlydonGlydon Posts: 229 Baller
    @Chef23 amen to last sentence , wish I had done this!