Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 67 KD Platinum FS

MarcoMarco Posts: 1,409 Crazy Baller
The ski is basically new. I Skied on this ski only 8 sets . Paid $1,575, asking $1150. Great ski for a great deal.

I skied on it so few sets because I was injured for most of the season and barely skied this year. Wife says its time to downsize my ski collection.

Comments

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,270 Mega Baller
    Not sure what’s in your collection but your selling the wrong ski. It will make someone happy.
    Shut up and ski
    bigtex2011Marco
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 269 Baller
    If he has enough to call it a “collection”, I’d say he is doing ok...
    Marco
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 269 Baller
    If he has enough to call it a “collection”, I’d say he is doing ok....
  • kckc Posts: 148 Baller
    @lpskier Sounds like a shameless attempt by a divorce attorney to drum up some business! 😁
    lpskierMarcoAndre
  • MarcoMarco Posts: 1,409 Crazy Baller
    @MS @scotchipman My current ski collection includes a 2007 Fischer yellow, a 2010 O'brien Elite, 2012 Mapple 6.O, 2018 HO Syndicate Pro, and the 2019 KD Platinum. All still ski great, even the 6 year old Mapple.

@lpskier if I told my wife I had a "wife collection", I'd have to sell all the skis, the boat, and the lake to pay for attorneys fees :wink:
    Bill22Deanoskiskihart
  • The_MSThe_MS Posts: 5,270 Mega Baller
    My elbows started to hurt when I saw you had an Elite.
    Shut up and ski
    bigtex2011MarcoBG1
    I blew out my shoulder on the Elite. 6 hour surgery and 9 month rehab. Haven't skied on it since.
    The_MS
  • lakeaustinskierlakeaustinskier Posts: 351 Solid Baller
    I still think the Elite was the most beautiful ski ever made. And I could never make it work.
    Ted Thomson, Austin Texas, Aquaplex
    The_MSskialex
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 1,770 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Wasted a summer on the Elite.
    The_MS
  • bhsbhs Posts: 280 Baller
    I broke my ribs on an Elite.
    @scotchipman Good question. It's a crapshoot because I haven't had quality time this year to get the KD and HO dialed in. If it was a tourney tomorrow, I would ski on the Mapple for familiaritys sake. Ask me that question in a month and I'm sure my answer will change.
    scotchipman
  • JohnNJohnN Posts: 122 Baller
    The Elite was a beautiful ski, but judging from the comments here maybe it should be named "Christine". Mine left me with 2 layers of stitches and a season of more downs than ups.
    The_MS
  • lkblkb Posts: 579 Baller
    Elite-most beautiful pos ever
  • acmxacmx Posts: 239 Baller
    I remember really wanting to try the Elite, but it didn't happen. Guess that was dumb luck. What was wrong with it?
  • rrskierrrskier Posts: 11 Baller
    The KD Platinum is great. Had my 67" in the course for the first time and it finishes a turn better than any ski I can remember. This year I skied a 2017 HO VTR and a 2017 Goode REV 6. With the KD its nice to have real speed (controlled) cross course and doesn't feel like your pulling an anchor. Also, deep water starts are as easy as a Goode!

Price reduced to $1000, you pay shipping. A good deal just got better.
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,128 Mega Baller
    And if you want a new 66 inch KD Platinum, I just put it out on ski it again for $900 Woohoooo! used just a couple weeks, and I"m back on the goode koolaid!
    And I'll throw in an 07 SN 196 if you add 21k?...hmmm?
  • GlydonGlydon Posts: 229 Baller
    Wow after reading the comments glad I did not buy that gently used Elite and went with my A2 instead ... can someone elaborate ? I skied Kidder and KD for years ... perhaps a platinum is in my future .
    or reasonable offer on that 66 KD platinum...
  • marknmarkn Posts: 216 Solid Baller
    Was given an Elite by the GOAT himself. I loved that ski. It was fast and was amazing in rough water. I remember even if you were in big trouble, if you got the ski between you and the boat, you could recover and get to the next buoy. Sorry to hear many had a hard time on it.
  • MickeyThompsonMickeyThompson Posts: 154 Baller
    @liquid d Which Goode ski are you riding and how does it compare to the KD?
    a Nano one (the smokey one). The KD is faster, but I'm not able to fix the finish of the turn with it at deep shortline. My theory is that it needs a skier of 175lbs or so. I think I'm a bit light for it.
    edited September 2018
    Sold! Gave a deal to a fellow baller!
    The_MSDeanoski