Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a trick ski

njlawler104njlawler104 Posts: 6 New Baller
Want to get into trick skiing and looking for a cheaper but good starter ski. Anybody have any and are willing to sell?

Comments

• EljaybeeEljaybee Posts: 30 Baller
    I have an old KD trick ski. What size are you looking for?
  • spicolispicoli Posts: 127 Baller
    You might what to start on 2 if you've never tricked.
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    If you are a solid slalom skier you can learn on one. All the kids I have taught went right to one ski. I do have a neighbor who can run the course and we have struggled to get him up on 1. He gets up funny (rope on wrong side of the ski) so I think that is making getting up on the trick a challenge.
    Mark Shaffer
  • radarboy32radarboy32 Posts: 27 Baller
    Not a recommendation, but I am not a very good skier. My cousin is, and he has a Graviton. (2015?) I tried it for the first time. Struggled getting up, but it was pretty easy to improve. I would recommend it.
    The Graviton is supposed to be a very good ski. If he is looking new the usual suspects D3, Quantum and the Radar would all work well. Used tricks are always hard to find.
    Mark Shaffer
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 752 Crazy Baller
    Agree. Used trick ski are rare.
    But I seldom see people use them.
    Does not make sence??
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
    dchristman
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,876 Infinite Pandas
    The usual suspects are excellent if you can find them. Look for the newest Radar trick - the old Gravitrons catch edges so aren't best for beginning. And ride the ski!

Eric
    gsm_peter
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,790 Mega Baller
    @gsm_peter i figure ive had a d3 trick for 10 yearsm i havent thought about selling it nor upgrading it. In the circle of people who use theirs daily im not sure how many actually feel a need to upgrade other than for breakage.
    gsm_peter
    @gsm_peter they don’t sell that many of them. I admit I don’t use mine that often but I don’t want to get rid of it either.
    Mark Shaffer
    gsm_peter
  • AKShortlineAKShortline Posts: 88 Baller
    My son has a fairly recent Quantum 42" for sale. Would take $150. 907-350-5574
    Tkl127