Winter Slalom Training

Ryota Ryota Posts: 110 Baller
Hey Ballers! Winter is coming in Japan.
but I am not stop skiing!

I'm currently running at 36mph/58k 28off/14m 32off/13m.
But, Should I keep skiing at 36mph/58k? Or should ski down to 34mph/55k in winter?

Thanks!!

Comments

• gregygregy Posts: 2,547 Mega Baller
    I usually slow down and work on technique and form. You can go 1 to 2 mph slower.
    Ryota
  • BCMBCM Posts: 181 Baller
    My normal game plan when it gets cold is to put on the drysuit and keep skiing. Several years ago I slowed down and was not happy with the results. The last few years I have kept my speed and starting rope length consistent and skied. In winter I general spend more time on my longer line lengths and only occasionally work on my hardest pass, but I don't slow down. I did in the past and wasn't happy with the results.
    ZmanMISkier
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,225 Administrator
    @Ryota I think most skiers run a lot of longer line passes but not on as short of a rope. In your case I would suggest running a lot of 28 off passes.
    Join us at the 2019 NorCal MasterCraft BallOfSpray Cash Prize

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

Ryota Killer
  • LeonLLeonL Posts: 2,324 Crazy Baller
    As long as you are able to maintain you current level of performance, why slow down? As @horton said, maybe stick with 28/14m concentrate on form.
    Leon Leonard Stillwater Lake KY - SR Driver SR Judge
    Ryota
  • Ryota Ryota Posts: 110 Baller
    @BCM @Horton @LeonL
    Thank you for the advice!
    It's common way to practice among Japanese skiers that slow down the speed in winter.

Also I had been skiing at down to 55k in winter but will stick with 58k and improve my technic at 14m!!