Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cory Pickos

HortonHorton Posts: 27,728 Administrator
edited November 2018 in Trick and Jump
Check out the SLO at 1:49 right after the flip. Tell me that is not cool.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

eleeskiBruce_Butterfielddchristmanswc5150thagerGusJordanandjules

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 27,728 Administrator

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

eleeski
    can't have a Cory thread without this guy

eleeskiFatPierreandjules
    @trickcoach needless to say your registration inspired me to post some old school tricks.

• trickcoachtrickcoach Posts: 6 World Class Trick Skier
    those SLO's were the best , Patrice event pushed it to SL5B adding a Stepover on the last 180 , this looked pretty rad ... dunno why they decided to put a ban on 1 foot ski lines ... need to look if I have a video of Flip Stepover from when I had it put in the books !
    eleeski
    @trickcoach I have never exactly understood that trick.

• skibackwardsskibackwards Posts: 57 Baller
    Always enjoy watching some old time trick runs. Amazing they could run 10000+ with very few flips. Now some guys have 6 flips and cannot run 10000. Also enjoy the variations and not the same six flips. Cory, Nick, and Patrice--GREAT.
    dchristman
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,872 Infinite Pandas
    OK, Richelle needs to allow one footed stepover style SLO!

Cory has the most incredible mix of tricks. Flips, ski lines, pure spins and stepovers - all extremely difficult and impressive. His toes also mix blazing fast surface tricks, big wake tricks and huge toe steps. Wow!

He makes a good case for limiting flips as he showcases such trick diversity.

Patrice is incredible too. So smooth. I loved his toe fall - where he just bounced back up and kept going! Who needs a stinkin release!

Best posts ever @Horton !

Eric
    dchristmanfu_man
    Nick is incredible too! So dominant and so skilled.

Flip to LB? Wow!

Eric
  • bolizousbolizous Posts: 3 Baller
    Incredible balance and agility, really enjoyed watching
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,253 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited November 2018
    Buford's Prostar would match Corey's polo shirt and shorts ;)
    Scott Calderwood
    Horton
  • h2onhkh2onhk Posts: 276 Solid Baller
    Last year i bought a used trick off ski it again. Pulled off the old front binding and found it was signed by Corey. Pretty cool.
    Mateo_VargasDaveDwhitem71
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    Why are tricks like SLO not allowed anymore. Both of them did some tricks that I am not sure what they are.
    Mark Shaffer
    @Chef23 SLO is absolutely still a trick but there are no ski line tricks anymore with one foot off the ski

whitem71
    Got it. Is there a reason for the no skiline tricks with a foot off?
    Mark Shaffer
    edited November 2018
    I think in the beginning everybody was doing 1 foot off and then as they learned the tricks they started doing with two feet on the ski and the one foot off stuff just mostly became obsolete.

@trickcoach does that sound right to you?

• Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 94 Baller
    Awesome! First video...sweet 1987 Nautique. Also, much more impressive is the trick run by legendary Cory Pickos of 10,800 points. With only 1 flip! 30 years ago! Wow...
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 94 Baller
    Just watched the rest of the videos. All I can say is, Wow! There was, and always will be, some impressive skiing by the best in our sport!
  • trickcoachtrickcoach Posts: 6 World Class Trick Skier

eleeskiGusandjules
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,742 Mega Baller

Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

dchristmanthagereleeskiBruce_Butterfield
  • liquid dliquid d Posts: 1,115 Mega Baller
    Cory sportin some old school ski gloves...ha
    eleeski
    @trickcoach that is insane!

It is amazing how many tricks the high end trickers do in a pass. Particularly before they were doing flips. The hand passes of Corey & Patrice are amazing for the speed and smoothness of the tricks. The power in Nick's hand pass is crazy for the flips and ski line tricks.
    Mark Shaffer
    @Horton Regarding why nobody does stepover foot off style ski lines, AWSA rule 11.12 L "In ski line tricks, both feet must be on the ski". Stupid rule change with no reasonable justification that I heard of at the time it was changed. It made some really cool and fun tricks illegal. WLBB double step (SLBB by the old rules) was such a flash trick - as were all the stepover style ski lines.

More work for Richelle in repealing this?

Eric
    Yea Richelle! Do whatever Eric says!

eleeski
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    Awesome videos. Thanks!!
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • NandoNando Posts: 523 Crazy Baller
    Back to Cory, one of the most amazing things I saw him do was at a Nationals in the ‘80s. Just before the start of Open tricks, I was walking with a guy who knew him pretty well and here comes Cory using his trick ski like a platter to hold this huge burrito he was munching on. He stopped to talk a minute, as he finished it, then said he’d better get going and a few minutes later won the event. A little different prep than I’d imagined...
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 321 Solid Baller
    Maybe that was the “secret” training! Chow down a monster burrito, make an awesome high scoring pass (so there wouldn’t be a runoff if tied) and make a dash to the Port O Let!
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,116
    I remember skiing at Cory's and at lunch time one day he ate like 3 large plates of spaghetti, and the Guy is skinny as hell. Man was I jealous.
    Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!