Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tower options for 2004 Malibu Response LXi

v1carv1car Posts: 20 Baller
Does anyone know if the illusion x tower or G3 tower options can fit on a 2004 Malibu lxi?
Looking for an easy to fold down option and like the look of this type of tower.

Comments

• braindamagebraindamage Posts: 189 Baller
    You might try Themalibucrew.com with this question.
    Rednucleusv1car
  • WayneWayne Posts: 519 Solid Baller
    edited January 2019
    For that model LXI, Titan II tower was the factory default. I have seen a G3 on the 2007 and later hull as it was a factory option as well.

The two towers above and the Illusion are “old designs”. Are you trying to find a used one?

On Edit: the forward facing tower on the Reaponse LXI interferes with the rope for slalom skiing around 28 to 32 off depending on year and who mounted the tower.
    v1car
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 177 Baller
    I had an 08 with an Illusion X. My son was running shallow 38s at 36. He never touched the tower. Before I ordered the boat I talked to an engineer at Malibu he said possible at 38 and might effect 39. Had to remove for Jump in tournaments but I didn’t for practice.

Jeff Lindsey
    v1car
  • JoepruncJoeprunc Posts: 296 Baller
    edited January 2019
    Personally I'm not a fan of the Illusion on an RLXI. The older boats don't have many factory options for a tower, as the companies that made the tower most likely switched all their tooling for the latest designs. Getting a used one you need to make sure the beam dimensions match.

I believe the windshield of the 03-06 extends further back than the 08, so there might be more rope issues that the second gen.

Some of the RLXis came with the Skylon Swoop which I believe you can still purchase, and fold down. Samson also makes a tower which mimics the G3 or illusion. But looks like it would significantly interfere with the rope. I ended up getting a custom tower installed by ProFlight. Wanted the bottom hoop to match the windshield line

v1carBulldog
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 945 Crazy Baller
    I would look into towers from Roswell, new dimension, or Samson. Probably best quality and fit.
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 742 Mega Baller
    i had the skylon on my 05 Rlxi. It looks really good. I will say the wake at 22 was alot better when i removed the tower and wedge. I did have speakers too .

andjules
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 447 Solid Baller
    @LoopSki that does look nice, I like the way the bottom part kinda follows the windshield line. Similar to older prostar 197 towers.
  • Moskier3evMoskier3ev Posts: 177 Baller
    My illusion X tower was almost touching the bottom of the windshield and was all black. The boat was a promo boat. I don’t know if that made a difference on mounting. Great looking boat in the photo. The LXI mini tower looked good also it fit the windshield. (You only bumped your head 1 time) I had a couple of those also.

• v1carv1car Posts: 20 Baller
    Thanks everyone. Very helpful