Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mastercraft getting into electric ?

E_TE_T Posts: 625 extraterrestrial trouble maker

E.T. phone home!
I like reese's pieces

"Leave nothing on the dock"~AM

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 30,602 Administrator
    Ok @E_T is this just click bait? There has been talk for almost 10 years about an Electric MC. Is that an old photo?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes

• IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,190 Crazy Baller
    Only electric ski boat I’ve ever heard of is the electric Nautique...
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,210 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    edited January 2019
    So typically a low end electric car can do about 120 miles on one charge, a six pass slalom set equates to around 2 miles , so if you build in a bit of time for messing about, and more load required to tow a skier surely you could still get 30 - 40 sets a day, the two things that might play a part is weight of the boat and the drag element which I would think is considerably higher than a car, with the latest technology must be possible, but what would the cost be, would it be cost effective, would they have to build in noise and vibration to keep the Gators away ?

Would Nautique have been better off putting there development money into electric instead of the 2019 boat, now that would have put them ahead of the game.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

ozski
  • Hk196Hk196 Posts: 22 Baller
    This electric MC is now at the european boat show in dusseldorf. The electric engine makes up to 100kW and will be installed at the austrian MC dealer.
    The same system was used by Nautique Austria till they developed a 220kW electric engine with Link-integration and sold it to Nautique...
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,652 Mega Baller
    100 kw sounds anemic
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 509 Crazy Baller

E_T
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,820 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited January 2019
    That is quite a price tag. $300k us?
    269,500 Euro equals
    306,324.75 United States Dollar
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 513 Crazy Baller
    edited January 2019
    @Stevie Boy You need to go read the "Are we closer to an electric boat?" thread. https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/20830/are-we-closer-to-an-electric-tow-boat
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 4,652 Mega Baller
    150 is closer, I'd wonder what hp consumption at fixed surf speed looks like
  • HortonHorton Posts: 30,602 Administrator
    edited January 2019
    Skip to about the 2 minute mark for electric boat talk.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts★ Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ 

McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Rodics OffCourseStokes