Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Places to Ski in Tennessee

Hey ballers, I'm going to be at an internship for 3 months at the Oak Ridge National Lab in Tennessee. I'd love to be able to get some sets in this summer and don't have a problem working for pulls. (or bringing the standard tank of gas)

Is there anyone who belongs at any of the clubs in the area? The closest I've found via USA Waterski Clubs and the Google Earth places to ski was near Nashville. I don't mind driving a couple hours if I have to but ideally there's something closer to get more than one set a week in.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 30,230 Administrator

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Follow ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes 

• hockeyref74hockeyref74 Posts: 27 Baller
    check out Swerve Watersports mike's great
    sunnshinne
  • EdbrazilEdbrazil Posts: 1,396 Historical Baller
    For sure, you don't want to ski on either of the 2 river sites the Tour went to: Knoxville or Chattanooga.
  • sunnshinnesunnshinne Posts: 10 Baller
    Sent an email over to Mike at swerve! Thanks for the suggestions!
  • lottawattalottawatta Posts: 127 Baller
    There are a group of skier who maintain a slalom course on Melton Hill. They like to keep it a secret though. Sorry I don't have contact info for any of them anymore. You might be able to make contact through someone at eskimo escapades. www.eskimoescapades.org.
    sunnshinne
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,190 Crazy Baller
    +1 for Swerve. Mike is great to ski with & a great coach, kind of a short setup but the water skis great
    sunnshinne
  • ghutchghutch Posts: 160 Baller
    It would be a bit of a drive for you but we ski on Percy Priest lake just out of Nashville, closer to Smyrna. You're more than welcome to come ski with us. Check out MCWSC.com
    skinonstopsunnshinne
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 165 Baller
    Not for sure how far you would be from Chattanooga Tenn.
    I am one of the owners at No Wake Lake (private ski site) in Fort Oglethorpe Georgia about 16 miles south from Down Town Chattanooga. If you wanted to come down on Saturday's or Sunday's while you are working in Oak Ridge I could give you a pull depending on my work on call schedule. In case you want to do a Map Quest to see how far away the lake is from where you are staying in Oak Ridge the Lake address is:
    NO Wake Lake
    3023 Battlefield Pkwy
    Fort Oglethorpe GA, 30742

If you decide you are interested you can e-mail me at [email protected]
    oldmanskier
    RednucleussunnshinneDaveD
  • Stevie BoyStevie Boy Posts: 2,193 ★★★★Quad Panda Award Recipient ★★★★
    Just shows what a great community that we have , with people reaching out to offer help, I am so proud to be a Water Skier.

Addicted To Carbon Fibre

andjulessunnshinne
  • FatrollFatroll Posts: 236 Solid Baller
    We will be at Norris in late July and will drop a portable on the east end kinda close to Island F
    2016 Ski Nautique 200 OB 2016 Radar Vapor 69.5"
    Wish they had a bonus buoy count for increased body fat index
    sunnshinne
  • oldskier79oldskier79 Posts: 3 New Baller
    We maintain a course on Big Creek on Norris Lake under Skiers of Knoxville. Course in good shape May-Oct. Head up Big Creek from Sequoyah, first cove on left after going under the power wires. Come see us on FB site: Big Creek Slalom