Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ski season officially starts at BallOfSpray HQ today - 2019 ProStar on the lift

HortonHorton Posts: 27,873 Administrator
edited February 24 in News & Other Stuff

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

bajaRazorRoss3ALPJrbigskieridahothagerE_Tvtmechengmmosley899DonTm_pagsbishop8950vtjcWishToddAJordanMISkierBMG73ObrienslalomDacon62chris55SpuddyJody_SealKimbymoncruznskirodeconjedgellallycatJayproBulldogSivotarobmollysilverlakeGarDWReggieOsodbuster88jimmyjamesbrownChunkydricoswc5150jimbrakeEd_JohnsonmbabiashAlvin_NeffdvskiingSki_DadEljaybeehooscal15art90notch

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,772 Mega Baller
    Lift queen! Same as a trailer queen looks amazing but never gets wet !
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

Bruce_Butterfield
  • WishWish Posts: 7,858 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Nice!!! Just in time for the Denali test??
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,139 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Nice photo. I will stop by sometime and put some hours on her!
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,476 Mega Baller
    I'm eager to hear about c75, too, but won't it be necessary to ramp up for a few weeks before being able to get a meaningful feel for a new ski?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,873 Administrator

cruznskiski6jonesandjules
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 307 Crazy Baller
    Buford looks like she's planning something.....boat looks gorgeous.
  • WaterSkier12WaterSkier12 Posts: 269 Baller
    She’s lookin for a wing nut or 2😜
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 269 Baller
    Good looking setup. Hopefully it isn’t always so blown out. Nice water.
  • GolfguyGolfguy Posts: 198 Solid Baller
    The gel coat work jumps out in that photo. Great boat looking, driving and skiing. Congratulations. What motor do you have?
  • JetsetrJetsetr Posts: 323 Solid Baller
    Kinda off topic, but I know the lake was drained down, how is it re filled? Springs, pumps, river/stream?
    @Jetsetr I sprayed the shorelines, move rocks around on the islands, and turned the pumps on. We can fill 4 or 5 inch per day if the pump runs 24 hours. Sometime tomorrow we will be 100% full and I will turn the pump (well) off.

edited February 25
    @Golfguy ProStar is a 5.7. Surprisingly quiet and strong. Not sure if there is a new spec or if we just got lucky. 7th new boat I've had in the last five years and I gotta say she's really unquestionably the best driving and skiing one yet.

WaterSkier12
  • BulldogBulldog Posts: 1,010 Crazy Baller
    @Horton amazing picture. Any chance we will see some shots of the inside of that new boat??
    Mike Loeffler - "Someone somewhere is having a real problem today...My bad skiing is NOT one of them"
    @Bulldog I will put that on the todo list.

Bulldog
  • DWDW Posts: 2,026 Mega Baller
    @Horton: Sweet ride, any details on why it drives and skiis better than previous ones?
    @dw in five years I've had seven boats and none of them have been lemons by any stretch of the imagination. This new boat just feels a little bit more balanced and the steering is strangely perfect right out of the box. It's just a joy to drive and extremely easy to keep it straight even with a big boy like @rico behind it.

The 5.7 has always been powerful enough for The ProStar at sea level. This one for some reason seems like it has a little extra.

It's the tiny things - it's the little things.

It's always fun getting a new boat every 6 or 9 months but I'm going to be really sad when I have to trade this one in.

Bulldog
    @Horton: thx, that color combo is really nice. At the current trajectory the next one will be even better. Not surprising both MC and the engine source (assuming Illmor) did a bit of tuning to improve the tug. Sounds like whomever gets it won't be sad you have to trade it back...
    edited February 26
    @dw well she is for sale. It's good for me to help NorCal MasterCraft turn boats but I'm not sure how excited I am to help this one go fast.

Actually on second thought the boats terrible. Nobody wants this boat. If you are in the market for a ProStar this is not about for you :-)

DWBulldogJordanWaterSkier12
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    @Horton Do you have any carpet on those bunks to protect the boat?
    @keithh2oskier after a lot of thought and discussion we opted to not use carpet. The bunks themselves are composite fake wood w/ a poly exterior. The theory is that sand gets in the carpet and scratches at the bottom of the boat but the smooth plastic does not collect sand and does less damage the bottom of the boat. I've never really noticed scuffs on the bottoms of my boat so I think it works pretty good.

keithh2oskierswc5150
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 528 Crazy Baller
    Sounds good. One less thing to replace or maintain which means more time skiing or drinking!
    Horton
  • wawaskrwawaskr Posts: 224 Baller
    @Horton are you saying since every boat is different, there is a quality control issue at the factory? :*
    Matt
    edited February 26
    @wawaskr
    No two skis are exactly the same. No two Mercedes or Lexus are exactly the same. No two anything are totally identical. MasterCraft makes the most consistent product in the industry (in my opinion).

dvskiing
    @Horton: My lift uses rubber pads on the bunks, seems to work very well.
  • dvskierdvskier Posts: 530 Crazy Baller
    This is my 16th season using carpet on bunks, water depth is 20 so I'm not concerned with sand. Lake is 18,500 acres and the water flows in fron mountains in NC, water is crystal clear. Most everyone on this lake use carpet on their bunks.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,264 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Horton your bow lid sits a little high on the windshield side like my boat. I was thinking the two rubber mounts might be a little tall on mine, but your boat is making me rethink this. Did you last couple of lids fit like this or was it flush with the deck?
    Scott Calderwood
  • Robbo5252Robbo5252 Posts: 24 Baller
    @Horton your boat is famous! Making its way across the world!
    You just never know what's going to go viral. When I took this picture I thought it looked cool but holy crap has it been reposted a lot.