Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is the 2019 Nautique 200 heavier than it’s predecessors?

JmoskiJmoski Posts: 322 Solid Baller
Hey guys,

Anyone know why the 2019 200 is 550 pounds heavier than its 2010-2018 counterparts?

Just noticed that fact since I am about to buy a lift for my 196, but am sizing the lift to handle a 200 in case I upgrade. The weight jumping to 3400 means I probably need a 5k lift instead of 4K. Granted I would most likely buy a low hour first generation 200 that would be ok with the 4K lift.

Thanks

Comments

• raynrayn Posts: 388 Baller
    @Jmoski that 200 won’t make it through the keyhole tunnel anyways.
    Ray Newmark -
  • JmoskiJmoski Posts: 322 Solid Baller
    @rayn - True, but it WILL work at our new lake house in Maine! We have the P&S signed and close in May.

Of interest if I upgrade to a MC prostar, I am back at 3400# - which lift and capacity do you have Ray?
    rayn
  • raynrayn Posts: 388 Baller
    Congrats on the lake house. I have the sunstream sl-4. Which has a rating on 4k-4500 depending on lift height.
    Ray Newmark -
    Jmoski
  • oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,497 Mega Baller
    Um, because it is freaking huge compared to a 196.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
    edited February 2019
    @oldjeep - yes, the 200 is much bigger, but i’m Not comparing the 196 dry weight to the 2019 200, I’m comparing the diff between a 2018 & 2019 200.

2006 196 - 2570#
    2018 200 - 2850#
    2019 200 - 3400#
    2019 ski - 2945#

https://www.planetnautique.com/CorrectCraftManuals/SpecSheet.xlsx
    My guess is that they got honest about the weight of the 2019 200 in order to sell their other ski boat. I seriously doubt that the 2018 weighs 2850
    Chuck P
    MISkier
  • bkreisbkreis Posts: 304 Baller
    @Jmoski I have a 2018 200ob for sale with 27 hours all white, 5.3 zo, stereo, heater, air damn etc..
    www.skyfitness.com
    schaferCent
    @bkreis - where do you have it listed? Thanks for the lead, but I won’t be in a position to upgrade this year as all remaining funding will be exhausted after the house purchase and lift purchase.
  • Pat MPat M Posts: 726 Crazy Baller
    I have a 4000lb lift with a 2018 200 and previously had a 196 on it. No problems at all. I think a 3400lb boat would not be an issue.
    Jmoski
  • HallpassHallpass Posts: 160 Solid Baller
    There was another thread discussing this. Might have been the very long thread about the new 200. I seem to recall something about the manner in which the are constructing the top cap accounting for weight difference. ICBW.
  • ozskiozski Posts: 1,673
    500lbs is not a trivial amount of weight, its a long way heavier than all the other boats.
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• bkreisbkreis Posts: 304 Baller
    @Jmoski miami nautique is handling it.
    www.skyfitness.com
  • dislanddisland Posts: 1,381 Mega Baller
    Nice boat!
    Dave Island- Princeton Lakes
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,585 Mega Baller
    Craftlander makes a very well built 4500 lb. lift.
    This lift uses 5/16 SS cables, versus 1/4 inch found on lower weight rated lifts, and lifts by many other manufacturers.
    Might not sound like much, but it is.
  • swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,349 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    There's no way it's that much heavier than the previous 200. Without the saddle bags, it might even be a few pounds lighter. I'm thinking maybe they sandbagged the old number or inflated the new number to make the SN appear much lighter?

@mbabiash wow that's a great looking boat. For the common man, I think it would be a hard upsell to go an SN over the 200.
    Scott Calderwood
  • skihartskihart Posts: 517 Solid Baller
    edited April 2019
    @mbabiash Hey Matt, nice looking ride! Great colors. Can you post a pics of the new dash and screen?
    That is a great looking screen. Makes the retro looking keypad below look out of place
    Chuck P
    RAWSki
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 392 Crazy Baller
    @mbabiash That is a beautiful ski machine!
  • skihartskihart Posts: 517 Solid Baller
    @mbabiash Hey Matt that dash is the cat's a$$!!!
    mbabiash
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 2,178
    Boat looks GREAT, so Happy for you !!!

Special Thanks to Performance Ski and Surf and the Denali Adam's !!!
    mbabiash
  • ForrestGumpForrestGump Posts: 6,097
    I would not trust any mfr's listed weights for any boat. The only accurate way to know is measure yourself.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

oldjeepdvskierJordan
  • Jerry44Jerry44 Posts: 54 Baller
    That's a beautiful boat! Love the colors.
    That trailer is about 1200lbs if I remember correctly.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

Easy way to tell is look at the rating sticker on the trailer. Subtract the little number from the big number and that is what the mfg thinks the trailer weighs. For a single my guess is 900lbs
    Chuck P
    scotchipman
    edited April 2019
    @Jack Kinne trailer disconnected from truck? Or axle weight with tongue on ball? If it was attached to truck you are shy on your weight by 10-15%
    Chuck P
    Even the trailer mfr's are off. Last single axle nautique trailer I weighed was somewhere in the 1100-1200 range and the tandem axle was 1500-1600 from what I recall.
    Shane "Crash" Hill

MISkier[Deleted User]
    edited April 2019
    The singles use a heavier axle and larger diameter rim with heavier e rated tires, so i guess i could believe it - in a rounded off to the nearest 50 lbs kind of measurement
    Chuck P
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 348 Crazy Baller
    Really only one way to find out - launch your boat and get the empty trailer weighted.
    vtjcigkya