March Roll Call

HortonHorton Posts: 31,491 Administrator
edited March 2019 in News & Other Stuff
I just had the best ski ride of the year. Ok it is only March and I better be skiing a lot better on April 1st but it fired me up.

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

ZmanSteven_HainesdvskiingbraindamageJbossBill22

Comments

• ToddAToddA Posts: 131 Baller
    We skied today in the north, (north of Seattle that is...) Water 33*, Air 43*
    RednucleusbogboyRichardDoane
  • HortonHorton Posts: 31,491 Administrator
    @ToddA that sounds terrible. My air was 70ish and water was 60ish. That is what we call winter down here.

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

ToddA
  • ToddAToddA Posts: 131 Baller
    @Horton yeah, I only could stand 3 "passes" free skiing. Feet just were too cold.
    @scotchipman just going off the dock thermometer...reads 33*. Given the fact that the last 4-5 weeks our night time temps have been 24-27*F, and day time temps have been low to mid 40's, and the lake was frozen over for about two weeks up until 6 days ago, hard to argue that 33* reading.
    Rednucleusbogboy
  • bishop8950bishop8950 Posts: 1,245 Open or Level 9 Skier
    My season started today, March 2. NorCal: 60 air and high 50 water.
    @bishop8950 Come south. The new ProStar is unreal and the water is glass.

bishop8950ToddA

elrCooper_Trelawneybishop8950ToddA
  • ALPJrALPJr Posts: 2,643 Mega Baller
    In southern New England... 6" of snow yesterday. 8 to 10" more tonight. Temps single digits to low 30's rest of the week.
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 1,199 Mega Baller
    Air low 70s, water low 60s, Mar 2, Katy TX. Skiing? Fugly!
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • teammalibuteammalibu Posts: 1,118 Mega Baller
    Got some in Feb but so far March sucks!
    Mike Erb Cedar Ridge Canton Miss.
    Horton is my hero
  • jimskijimski Posts: 616 Crazy Baller
    All I could handle today was 4 passes water is 40 deg air is about the same still Have ice around in places
    Rednucleus

Rednucleusepnault
  • ghutchghutch Posts: 182 Solid Baller
    @Horton that best ski ride wasn't on a particular ski produced in SC was it?
    Sometimes I'm just to discourage to bother awarding pandas

mwfillmore
  • ZmanZman Posts: 1,903 Mega Baller
    @Horton You replaced the Volt Yellow Vapor? I thought @Dirt or ? took your blue one.
  • DirtDirt Posts: 1,740 Open or Level 9 Skier
    @Zman he refuses to loan me skis...something about returning them...horton is selfish
    I learned everything I know not to do from Horton
    ZmanThe_MS
  • bogboybogboy Posts: 699 Solid Baller
    Hey guys, happy March, happy skiing. @Dirt, you rock, dude. Thanks for your pointers at L.Z. A while back.
    ToddARednucleusRichardDoane
    edited March 2019
    @bogboy thanks. Good skiing with you. I hope to see you soon.
    bogboy
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 698 Mega Baller
    What a difference 2 weeks of warmer weather make! Warm hands, warm feet, skied two sets this morning. Think it's time to put the dry suit away - hooray for spring skiing!
    ToddA
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
    First ski today. Air 42. I'm guessing the water was upper 30s. Still ice floating in it.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
    RednucleusKimbymonLZywicki1
  • bigskieridahobigskieridaho Posts: 944 Crazy Baller
    Just got my boat out for the first time today but didn’t have a driver to pull me. Boat ran great. Water was 57 and air is 60.
    I skied the last four days in Tampa on a borrowed D3 Arc. I got to ski with ex Spanish cable ski champion Carlos Fidalgo and the Clemson Water Ski Team.
    ski6jonesMateo_Vargasbishop8950
  • MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 204 Baller
    The guy who lent Dirt that must not know his history with borrowed
    skis.
    bishop8950Dirt
  • KRoundyKRoundy Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    I've been three times already, all free skiing. First two days was some pretty choppy water but today was awesome. Photo of day 1 below. This was on March 17th. Water was 44, but the air was about 70. It's cooled down since then, but summer is on the way!!!

DirtToddA
  • mwfillmoremwfillmore Posts: 69 Baller
    Made March barely... air 70 lake 57... got the buoys in though, it’s officially ski season for me
    Today I shortened it to 35 for the first time this year. I ran it but I'm really happy nobody was watching.

Rednucleusmwfillmore
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,822 Mega Baller
    Skied at least 4x every month in the past 12. It's kinda nice skiing in March and not being sore as hell for the next 4 days. :)
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    KRoundy
  • foxriveratfoxriverat Posts: 612 Crazy Baller
    Had to travel from IL to get my first set in yesterday thanks to @lpskier Great site great people. Thx John.
    2000 Malibu Response LX 2019 65 HO Syndicate Omni Vapor Bindings
    lpskierJody_SealRichardDoane
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,508 Mega Baller
    Two days in a row, Sat and Sunday and one day last week. Even rode my trick ski!!
    Wow I have a Spam block on my account!! I like Spam and eggs with hash browns and toast!!
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

RichardDoane