A rare MasterCraft?

MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
I received my boat registration renewal packet today. This image in the invasive species pamphlet caught my eye. The MasterCraft 197 sterndrive (with engine still amidship).

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
Kimbymon

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,490 Administrator
    early April fools?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
    I'm not sure where the State of Michigan got that image. Maybe somebody was warming up for St. Patrick's Day as they put that pamphlet together. But, other MI skiers should be getting one just like it, as our renewals are every 3 years by March 31.
  • skibrainskibrain Posts: 241 Solid Baller
    Must be the 197 Fish & Ski - it’s got a live well.
    MISkierKimbymonBill22ballsohard
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
    @skibrain, perfect model name for it!
  • dave2balldave2ball Posts: 905 Crazy Baller
    Looks a hybrid cross of a hydrodyne and an old PS197. bet it would ski great.
    MISkier
  • DWDW Posts: 2,408 Mega Baller
    Or someone at MDEQ has a great sense of humor.
    MISkierKimbymon
  • HockdogHockdog Posts: 237 Solid Baller
    Especially with the trailer wheel tucked up in the hull...
    MISkier
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 289 Solid Baller
    Remember when correct craft and mastercraft both made center console fishing boats?
    MISkier
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,822 Mega Baller
    Always wondered where the livewell was on a 197.
    boats are like girlfriends you love them however there is another one around the corner - bananaron, July 21, 2020
    Kimbymon
  • Orlando76Orlando76 Posts: 1,292 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Cooper_Trelawney hmmmm...... what MC was a center console? You mean that kinda hybrid 20’ from about 10 years ago that wasn’t really a fishing boat? I’m drawing a blank.

Now CC built everything from 14’ Tri hulls to 56’ cabin cruisers with every freaking flavor of propulsion under the sun.
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 532 Crazy Baller
    Looks like it may have the catamaran hull option too since the trailer frame and bunks are hidden up inside. I’ll bet it tracks nice.
    MISkier
  • Cooper_TrelawneyCooper_Trelawney Posts: 289 Solid Baller
    @orlando76, yeah it was called the CXS or something along those lines. It had a center console helm. Not sure how it was marketed/purposed. Perhaps salt water tubing? 😀
  • 75Tique75Tique Posts: 179 Crazy Baller

“So, how was your weekend?”
    “Well, let me see…sun burn, stiff neck, screwed up back, assorted aches and pains….yup, my weekend was great, thanks for asking.”