How many tournaments will you attend this year?

HortonHorton Posts: 31,491 Administrator
edited April 10 in News & Other Stuff

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ Performance Ski and Surf★ Reflex★ Radar★ Rodics OffCourse ★ Stokes

How many tournaments will you attend this year? 59 votes

1-2
18%
waterskicoreyThan_Bogandavid_skiDkLkSkrSkoot1123RazorRoss3rodeconBill22bikesrusbbrannanLoopSki 11 votes
3-5
28%
scotchipmandislandChef23CamgjohnsonTaperflexIlivetoskimusclefixerBlueSkiJibboBCMdvskieradkh2oskierScottScottYoughskierlakeho26wski247 17 votes
6-9
25%
GMCKelvinDragoBdeckerskiinxsMarkTimmjayskiJackQdvskiingskier2788PatMchris_loganZmanbkreisschafer 15 votes
10+
27%
Hortonski6jonesRogerskiepLZywicki1Bruce_ButterfieldlpskierJody_SealNot_The_Pugbishop8950klindyjcampkurtmmosley899MISkierNikolG 16 votes

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 31,491 Administrator
    10+
    I am planning on 12 weekends and 15 actual events and 36 rounds.

Connelly ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Follow ★ Goode ★ GiveGo ★ HO Syndicate ★ MasterCraft

• Chef23Chef23 Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    edited March 2019
    3-5
    It kind of depends on my health but if my body holds up probably 3-5. In the east that is probably 10-12 rounds not every event is 3 rounds.
    Mark Shaffer
    jcamp
  • IlivetoskiIlivetoski Posts: 1,191 Crazy Baller
    3-5
    Past years its been every weekend... But between our lake deciding not to host tournaments anymore, the travel time it takes to get to other sites, and just doing other things I think ill be lucky if I make it to 3 this year
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,765 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    10+
    I’ve committed to 10 already whether I ski or not.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,492 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    I haven’t signed up for my membership
    Shut up and ski
    RazorRoss3
  • MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
    10+
    I am a chief official at 5 tournaments and usually hit several weeknight tournaments every year. I try to also hit all of the tournaments that @kurt has. And, this year, Michigan has a new site hosting their first tournament. My total count could hit 15, if everything works out right.
    The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • klindyklindy Posts: 2,765 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    10+
    @MISkier where’s the new site in MI?
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

• MISkierMISkier Posts: 3,325 Mega Baller
    10+
    @klindy, it’s in South Haven. Forest Lake. It will be an L tournament. The guy that built it has had Jeff Smith (West) skiing there for a couple of years. I guess he also rents out a cabin. The website is:

https://www.myforestlake.com/

It’s not working very well for me on my phone. I believe they are re-doing the website now.

I sent my entry in January. You can see it on the USA Water Ski tournament search.

There is another club I’ve joined just North of St. Johns that we would like to get into hosting a tournament, but it’s not yet the time.

The worst slalom equipment I own is between my ears.
  • Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 3,508 Mega Baller
    10+
    Should of had a 15 or more choice..
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

mmosley899
  • jayskijayski Posts: 1,091 Mega Baller
    6-9
    @MS get your dam membership and your butt to Cottonwood this year @skidawg needs someone to keep up with him on beer drinking
    The_MSskidawgski6jones
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,983 Mega Baller
    1-2
    I'll be doing at least one, but probably not more.

Did you leave out "none" as a choice on purpose?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    10+
    @Than_Bogan I guess the audience is people who are going to tournaments. I should have put 0 but unfortunately you can't edit polls after the fact

• The_MSThe_MS Posts: 6,492 Member of the BallOfSpray Hall Of Fame
    edited March 2019
    If I get rolling, Cottonwood and Cedar Ridge are on my list
    Shut up and ski
    teammalibujayskiHorton
  • mmosley899mmosley899 Posts: 722 Water Ski Industry Professional
    10+
    I am trying to cut back, but still ten or more... I’m an addict...
    Mike's Overall Binding www.mobsystemrelease.com
    Sweet Home Alabama Skiing
    Senior Judge, Senior Driver, Tech Controller
    Jody_Seal
  • theboardingschooltheboardingschool Posts: 161 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Why is there no zero?
    10+
    @theboardingschool because if you are not going to any tournaments I don't like you ( or it was an administrative error )