Want to Upgrade to the Single Puck on ZO, What do I need?

skinutskinut Posts: 401 Baller
I have a 2012 200 and I want to upgrade to a single puck. I've check the ZO website but it's not clear what I need to order. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need? I do have the Ecom cable.

Comments

• Jody_SealJody_Seal Posts: 2,568 Mega Baller
    edited April 3
    https://www.zerogps.com/products/3-event-zero-off-antenna-with-harness.html

An then someone with a Ecom cable that can install the update software.
    Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

• skinutskinut Posts: 401 Baller
    Thanks Jody. Wow, $450 for a puck seems steep, especially considering a replacement puck is $250.
  • jimskijimski Posts: 325 Baller
    Hey
    Try paying that in Canadian coin 😂
    ReggieO
  • ski6jonesski6jones Posts: 889 Crazy Baller
    You'll also need to purchase the software update, $50.
    Carl Addington, Lakes of Katy, Texas
  • jimskijimski Posts: 325 Baller
    Any one update the 5.7 yet how's it work
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 268 Baller
    @Jody_Seal Is the software serial number specific? Asking for a friend
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 142 Baller
    We are considering doing a single puck conversion on our 2012 Mastercraft.
    We were considering getting a complete new Zero system due to ours has 1620 hours and is starting to do weird things not all the time but occasionally. Surging, not giving times, ETC.
    Tried remapping but issues still occur from time to time.
    Not for sure what kind of questions to ask Zero Off for getting a New Complete single puck system for our 2012 Mastercraft 5.7 ilmor engine club boat.
    Can anyone tell me what all information I need to give Zero Off for getting a new system?
    Thanks
    Oldmanskier
  • RogerRoger Posts: 1,530 Crazy Baller
    @jimski - I can tell you it works fine on a 5.7 in a 200. @scoke has done this conversion and skis it all the time (and I drive it all the time).
    Roger B. Clark - Okeeheelee skier. Senior driver, Senior Judge
  • RAWSkiRAWSki Posts: 559 Crazy Baller
    @oldmanskier why not start with the single puck+version upgrade for $500 and see if that works properly before thrashing the entire system?
  • skierjpskierjp Posts: 681 Crazy Baller
    @oldmanskier you may have a bad antenna. Your boat has 2 but the system only runs on 1 so you probably have 2 bad antennas.
    BrennanKMN
  • Ed_JohnsonEd_Johnson Posts: 1,976
    @oldmanskier..... Run the Diagnostics page on your screen. It will tell you immediately what is currently wrong, and also a history of problems. If you don't know how, it is easy, and instructions are on the Zero Off Web-Site.

Loving the new ZO Rev. S Plus Mode C3+
  • oldmanskieroldmanskier Posts: 142 Baller
    Talked to Skip the other day and he explained how the two puck system works. We are going to give switching the pucks a try as he suggested. If that does not work Skip gave me some other options. Thanks to Skip and all who offered advise.
    Tom Smothers aka oldmanskier.
  • WoodySkierWoodySkier Posts: 81 Baller
    What is the main differences that would make this upgrade worthwhile?
    Weappa