Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade to Z7?

jpjp Posts: 26 Baller
edited September 2010 in Skis Fins Bindings
<p>
Currently skiing a 2007 66' D3 Nomad RC and running into 32' off consistently.  Not skiing tournaments.  I have an opportunity to purchase a slightly used 66' D3 z7, but not sure I want to spend the money.  Any thoughts on what I would be gaining moving to the Z7?  Is there a significant difference?  Anyone that has input based on experience with this sort of transistion would be appreciated. Thanks.
</p>

Comments

• jdarwinjdarwin Posts: 1,381 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    <p>
    Stay on the RC - the best ski D3 ever made.  Unless you think your ski is breaking down.  Otherwise, save your money.
    </p>
    <p>
    my $.02
    </p>
    Joe Darwin
  • ShortenitShortenit Posts: 124 Baller
    <p>
    For me it was totally worth it. Was on a 67 RCX and was able to go to a 66 st. Faster, less effort in every phase, tighter and quicker turns. Improved my tournamnet scores. Skiing into 35 off 34 mph. My wife found the same going from her 66 RC to a 65 st. Skis into 28 off 34 mph. Both sold our old skis on eBay.
    </p>
  • clemsondaveclemsondave Posts: 369 Baller
    There is a significant difference. The Z will be more efficient and require less effort to ride. The RC is slower, but slow sometimes means stable. I have a 66" Z7 for sale. We can work out something if you are interested. Maybe pay me for it, then I'll give you a little time to try it. If you don't like it, I'll refund minus shipping.
    Dave Satterfield - Richmond Water Ski Club
  • skibugskibug Posts: 2,046
    edited September 2010
    I am in the process of transitioning from a 2007 Nomad RC to a 2010 Z7 ST.  I have been riding the Z7 ST for about 8 sets now.  I think I have it close to dialed in.  I can say it is faster, casts out better and holds the angle from my off side (RFF) a little better than the RC.  The on side turns are equal in my opinion.  I have not improved my average scoring yet...and I emphasize YET...as I think the potential is there when I get settled on the numbers and correct a few form breaks.  No need to justify a new ski, just go get it, you can always go back if you keep the old "shoe".
    Bob Grizzi
  • lfflff Posts: 65 Baller
    I'm on a '09 Z7(non ST) and want my '07 RC back.  Unfortunately I broke it. 
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 351 Baller
    I'm on a RC also, my 4th season.  I ski into 32' off at 36, occasionally run it.  I've been thinking about upgrading next year, mainly because I'm worried about the ski breaking down.  That being said I just had my best 2 tournaments and am skiing well so not sure if it's worth it.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT