Introducing the CG Classic by Denali Skis

ROBOTROBOT Posts: 99 Administrator
edited May 15 in Skis Fins Bindings

CG Classic

DenaliDenali’s patent pending Asymmetrical Hole Design is now available on the standard fin shape! Immediately make your on side turns more automatic, and your off side turns more stable and predictable. Just replace your stock fin with the CG Classic using your same settings, and you will instantly have better turns, more control, and be running more buoys.

It’s as simple as:

1. Order from Denaliskis.com and choose Right Foot Forward or Left Foot Forward

2. Measure your current fin and wing settings before removing

3. Mount your new CG Classic with your same settings, using your original wing and hardware

4. Run more buoys!

Details:

• Fits all skis with an adjustable fin

• Made from aerospace grade 7075 Aluminum

• Anodized for maximum corrosion protection

• .09” Thickness (industry standard)

The asymmetrical hole design has been tested and proven by hundreds of skiers.  

Available only at denaliskis.com

There can be no survivors. So long as one human remains alive, the Alliance is threatened.
SkierxMattPMISkierBruce_ButterfieldDacon62aupatkingballsohardBill22WishBlueSkibf`BulldogskialexJayproScotChipman1

Comments

• HortonHorton Posts: 26,726 Administrator
    @AdamCord that's terrible. I am right for forward and I want the silver fin

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★ D3 ★ DBSkis ★ Fin Whisper ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

andjulessfriisdvskiing
    @Sprayblaster you are right. The silver one looks wimpy. All hail the dark side.

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

AdamCordadamhcaldwellsfriis
  • DangerBoyDangerBoy Posts: 250 Solid Baller
    @AdamCord @adamhcaldwell How much effect do these fins have at speeds slower than 34 mph, say 30 - 32 mph? Are the effects of the asymetrical holes more or less noticeable at slower speeds?
    I can take anything apart
  • AdamCordAdamCord Posts: 678 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    @DangerBoy the asymmetrical holes are not speed dependent in any way. We've been testing these holes on standard fins for the past 2 years, and have had success at all levels.
  • jimbrakejimbrake Posts: 1,261 Mega Baller
    @AdamCord - you wrote "The idea with this fin is to make the transition easy and simple." Transition from what to what? From a stock fin to the CG fin? I thought your CG fin was awesome and easy to transition to from a stock fin.
    "...all of the basic fun banter"
    ISP6ball
    @AdamCord should I give @jimbrake a panda ?

Bruce_ButterfieldBill22
    @jimbrake
    While the CG Fin has been way more successful than we had ever imagined, it can take some adjustment to get dialed.

The CG Classic just...doesn't. It is the same shape as what's already on your ski, it just works better by bringing asymmetry into the mix. That way your turn and pull on both sides will get better right away.
  • ISP6ballISP6ball Posts: 152 Baller
    @adamcord will you phase out the original CG fin, or are there advantages with that fin on certain applications?
    MS
    @ISP6ball no this doesn't replace the CG Fin.

If you are not afraid of trying something new and are willing to make tweaks and adjustments to get the best possible setup, get a CG Fin. If you want to buy a higher buoy count and not have to do any adjusting, get a CG Classic.
    ISP6ballMISkierballsohardSkierx
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,286 Mega Baller
    I could see these selling like hot-cakes in a good proshop.
    AdamCordballsohardMISkier
  • SprayblasterSprayblaster Posts: 8 Baller
    @BraceMaker I dont see how syrup and butter will help sales.
  • BraceMakerBraceMaker Posts: 3,286 Mega Baller
    @Sprayblaster even better pancakes at the proshop.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    @Sprayblaster What gave you the impression that Adam and Adam were trying to help sales?
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
  • adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 536 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    My phone exploded yesterday with people trying to get their hands on a CG Classic! The first huge pile went out the door last night.

We have already ordered another batch of fins, however, if you don’t want to get stuck waiting on batch #2, don’t hesitate to make a move ASAP.

I know people are anxious to get going on the season so I will be trying to keep up with shipments every night for next couple weeks!
    MISkierThan_BoganEd_Johnson
    @adamhcaldwell Mine is already in the mail???

• BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 579 Crazy Baller
    @adamhcaldwell, I am certain that the fins can wait. Those people could have ordered a CG fin months ago if they believed in science. Clearly the C75s are going to the hardest-working and hardest-skiing Americans that have the strongest confidence in your work.
    Than_Bogan
  • adamhcaldwelladamhcaldwell Posts: 536 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    edited May 17
    @horton
    Darkside is in route.
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 338 Baller
    Got my order in, looking forward to using it wtih my EVO!
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    jipster43
    edited May 17
    @adamhcaldwell
    👍👍👍

Dano
  • JayproJaypro Posts: 239 Solid Baller
    THE question is will it help us 15-22' off skiers?
  • mdriggsmdriggs Posts: 17 Baller
    Does the CG Classic require a bit less wing angle, as the original CG fin seems to, for most users?
  • jedgelljedgell Posts: 338 Baller
    Got mine yesterday, order was placed late last week! Now just need the weather to cooperate.
    Justin Edgell - Bozeman, MT
    Ryota
  • SkierxSkierx Posts: 21 Baller
    The one I ordered for my friend to make his Goode even better arrived today. Order was placed late last week.@mdrggs if you scroll to the beginning of this post it tells all about the fin. Same settings you've been running including the wing, just install the CG classic and run more buoys. If you like adjusting fins and getting the most possible performance out of your ski then get the CG standard.
  • keithh2oskierkeithh2oskier Posts: 474 Crazy Baller
    Do you mind explaining what the design behind the asymmetrical holes do? @Skierx notes it frees the back of the ski to pivot easier. Can that also result in an easier to blow the tail out symptom? Just curious.
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,245 Mega Baller
    HA! No.

I'll let someone more expert make a longer answer...
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan