Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Ski Suggestions Please

rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
edited September 2010 in Skis Fins Bindings
<p>
I'm thinking I want to pick up a new stick. I'm currently on the original d3 nomad (2006?) since new. I think its about time to retire.
</p>
<p>
I normarlly ski 15,22 and a few cracks at 28. Last summer was running 28's here an there but this summer haven't skied that much and haven't ran it.
</p>
<p>
 I tried a z7 66" but it didnt quite work for me, maybe to big. I'm not married to D3 so I don't necessarily need to go that route.
</p>
<p>
Dont have alot of $$ to spend, so I cant really just a buy a few and try them out.
</p>
<p>

</p>
<p>
5-08, 160 lbs
</p>
<p>
 Any thoughts?? Thanks
</p>
<p>

</p>

Comments

• skibugskibug Posts: 2,046
    <p>
    Where do you live?  You can "ride to buy" at H2Osmosis.  Get on program, ride a couple and buy one. 
    </p>
    Bob Grizzi
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    Call Tadd at H2oproshop.com 1-866-213-7993.They have a ride before you buy program. Spend some time with him on the phone and he will have a ski shipped to you and if you do not like it you do not need to buy it just send it back and get a different one to try.

P.S. Tell him you heard about him from BOS
  • MattPMattP Posts: 6,066 Mega Baller
    Skibug it looks like we posted the same thing at the same time! Great minds think alike!
  • TuneyTuney Posts: 244 Baller
    Try radar. If you ski at 36mph try the 66" Vice (couple months until released), if you ski 32-34mph try the 65" senate.

If money is tight you can pick up an older ski on closeout as well.
  • I'm hearing really good things about the Vice. Supposedly, Trent's been riding it lately and likes the heavier core. Plus the graphics are absolutely killer from what I heard. 
    Shane "Crash" Hill

• TuneyTuney Posts: 244 Baller
    I've been on the Vice, it's a sick ski and I can definitely confirm that the graphics are indeed killer.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 28,541 Administrator
    <p class="MsoNormal">
    <font face="Calibri" size="3" color="#000000">Funny when the industry is obsessed with lighter skis, Trent likes the old school heavy core better.<span>  </span>I am looking forward to trying one myself.</font>
    </p>
    Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ★ Basta ★ DBSkis ★ Denali ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ MasterCraft

Masterline ★ McClintock's ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar 

Stella Blue ★ Stokes ★ World WaterSki League

• rodltg2rodltg2 Posts: 1,051 Crazy Baller
    Thanks for the info. I will be trying out the Radar Annex.