Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bunk spacing for '17 ProStar

2»

Comments

• MDB1056MDB1056 Posts: 349 Solid Baller
    Yikes.... I get it now. Glad I have an older boat...........
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 597 Crazy Baller
    I'm having a hard time loading boat with the narrow set up. It is really hard to get on just right by myself. I would like to go wider. What other spacing are you 2014+ guys using?
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 332 Baller
    The narrow set up leaves very little room to get the tracking fins through, i just built a set of bunks with a gap for the lifting chines to sit in, 2-2×6 stacked with a gap around 1 foot long in the top board towards the rear. I set the rear width at about 30 inches, so far works better but only been a few days.
  • EljaybeeEljaybee Posts: 40 Baller
    I have a Shoremaster lift and I used the measurement of the rear bunks on my trailer w no issues. I hope this is helpful
  • epnaultepnault Posts: 299 Solid Baller
    @LoopSki @skihacker

Are you guys floating the boat into your lift? Do you have rub rail guide poles on your lift?

I have an L dock section next to my lift. I park the boat driver side on the dock and then hop out of the boat and float it by hand into the lift. I then use a reference point for the forward position (mine is the rear gas cap and the rear/transom rub rail guide poles)
  • skihackerskihacker Posts: 332 Baller
    I float on or off, I've always had my lift set up so the drive shaft stays behind the rear cross bar. Water is usually pretty low in the fall. I have a pole clamped to the rear of the cradle as a reference point, the water is way too murky to see through. The nav light socket is the reference point on the boat. The narrow setup for the bunks works but I kept hitting the back end of the bunks with the tracking fins.