PROSTAR all smiles

Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 653 Crazy Baller
edited June 4 in Boat Talk
Just got to go on a little rant here about the new to me Prostar.
Love this boat!
It’s a ‘17 that was broken in at McClintocks.
Have put about 10 hours on it and man it just makes me smile every time we use it.
There isn’t a shortening from 15-28 off that I have skied yet that isn’t soft and easy to cross.
Rudder had too much factory right turn torque so bit by bit hand filed the port side so it has just the right amount.
Upgraded the Zero Off from rev R to the S version. Currently using C1+ and loving it.
The 5.7 Ilmor is a beast...don’t need any more power for what we do.
The roominess, ski racks, decadence flooring, removable bow cover, etc all make for a extremely well thought out and built boat.
So very pleased with my purchase and looking forward to shorting the line and new PB’s for the ski crew this summer!

UWSkierz_skierrockdogRednucleustravtitleski4xtcschaferLanceHCookMikeaupatkingGregHindjetpilotg4TELvtjcbananaronScottScottjayskiJordanswc5150ryno65RAWSkiNandoski603GC_ski_scrubpowbmpsChef23bigskieridahodvskiingbf`markchilcuttballsohardrobmollysilverlakeBlueSkijimbrakeKeith MenardKimbymonbojanslazznJayproskihartsodbuster88EljaybeeBulldogGWaterskibraindamageEd_Johnsonusaski1jimmyjamesbrownherkyjerky

Comments

• rockdogrockdog Posts: 549 Crazy Baller
    I like the colour layout too, basic is the way to go I reckon!
    escmanaze
  • LakebumLakebum Posts: 25 Baller
    Agree wholeheartedly. Have a new to me 2014 and love it
    Eljaybee
  • HortonHorton Posts: 27,198 Administrator
    Good looking boat

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Barts ★ Connelly ★  DBSkis ★ Goode ★ Hobe Lake ★ HO Syndicate 

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• RichardDoaneRichardDoane Posts: 4,059 Mega Baller
    @Dacon62 that is a sweet boat, congrats. How many hours and how many Canadian Dollars ?
    BallOfSpray Pacific Northwest Vice President of Event Management, aka "Zappy"
  • CentCent Posts: 140 Baller
    Very nice looking boat.
  • jetpilotg4jetpilotg4 Posts: 277 Baller
    Where’s that ski site at?
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    edited June 4
    Sounds more like a rave than a rant.....

Nice boat, Prostars are the best!!!!
    Eljaybee
  • aspskiaspski Posts: 179 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Beauty! I'm not an MC guy at all, but I really like the look of this prostar.

Is that Mara lake?
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 653 Crazy Baller
    Site is Hatzic Lake, Mission, BC, Canada. Small, calm, shallow lake. Usually 70 degrees plus even in May. One slalom course tucked away in the corner.
    @RichardDoane Currently 310 hours and paid market price.
    Horton
  • MichaelGoodmanMichaelGoodman Posts: 140 Baller
    How do people know what "market price" is when so many people treat boat
    sale prices like a big secret.
    ballsohard
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 486 Crazy Baller
    going on season three with mine and love it as much as the first day. maybe even more as i use it , the more I find its versatility.
  • Mike GileMike Gile Posts: 304 Crazy Baller
    Beautiful boat! Love the color scheme!
  • skimtbskimtb Posts: 214 Baller
    Great looking boat. I like the prostar gel lines better than the others.
  • escmanazeescmanaze Posts: 682 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Holy Cow I just looked up that lake on Google Earth. Looks like paradise. That's incredible. And yes, count me among those who love basic color schemes and tiny wakes for long line slow speed folks. Great post.
    ballsohardDacon62
  • theboardingschooltheboardingschool Posts: 118 Water Ski Industry Professional
    Congrats! I know I'm biased, but it's the best boat out there right now. Enjoy.
    ballsohardWaterSkier12
  • ballsohardballsohard Posts: 247 Baller
    Best boat by a large margin when at longer lines!!!!!
    theboardingschool
  • sodbuster88sodbuster88 Posts: 109 Baller
    Congrats on a Sublime boat! I’ve been in love with mine since day 1.
    I almost ordered my 2020 sort of like that but had to do something a bit less mature this time around.

MasterCraft ★ Masterline ★ MOB ★ Performance Ski and Surf ★ Reflex ★ Radar ★ Stokes

• DaveDDaveD Posts: 778 Crazy Baller
    @Horton You are ordering the MasterCraft Hello Kitty edition?
    @DaveD Barbie

• swc5150swc5150 Posts: 2,205 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Finally a pink one?
    Scott Calderwood
    skimtb
  • DaveDDaveD Posts: 778 Crazy Baller
    @Horton Then you'd have to order a Malibu Barbie.
    One_Ski
  • emacemac Posts: 18 Baller
    Great looking boat! Congratulations. I have always been a CC guy (96 SNOB) but we have been using MC at the ski lake for while now. They have really grown on me. Only two complaints: Fuel gauge is crazy and the engine fan is loud. Current one is set up perfect. No tower, carpet, ski storage racks, seat heaters, and teak platform!
  • Dacon62Dacon62 Posts: 653 Crazy Baller
    Yup. Those would be my only 2 complaints as well. Thankfully that’s it, rest is awesome.
  • CnewbertCnewbert Posts: 96 Baller
    Does anyone know where I can find detailed info on line about the Prostar '19? It's a boat I am interested in learning more about. All the MC website has (that I can find) is a promo video that features too much skiing (I get it... it's a ski tug) and awful, jarring music, at the expense of concrete information about the boat itself. I want to learn more about the actual Prostar... its features, its options etc. Nautique has some pretty good walk-through type videos available for the Ski Nautique and the Nautique 200, but I can't find anything similar for the Prostar. Nor can I find such information in simple printed form. And the process of obtaining a brochure is much too intrusive. They don't need my phone number and other details at this point. Name and address should be sufficient. Thanks!
  • LoopSkiLoopSki Posts: 486 Crazy Baller
    there is alot of content on this site about the ProStar. Also go to build a boat on the MC site.
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    Yep, the build a boat will walk you through all of the options and the cost for each.
    Ted Pooler
    @Cnewbert I do NOT officially speak for MasterCraft but do you have any questions let me know.

Mick04