Neutral Lockout

dan1166dan1166 Posts: 3 Baller
Anyone here having trouble with their neutral lockout. That is the button right below the shifter. When engaged, it keeps the transmission in neutral so you can warm up the engine. My boat is a 2016 Ski 200. The button worked fine last year, but this year right out of storage, it stopped working. Hopefully there is a simple fix. A new switch made no difference. Other than that, it shifts normal. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• oldjeepoldjeep Posts: 3,378 Mega Baller
    A fuel injected boat still has a neutral lockout? Weird. Even my 2012 doesn't have one.
    Chuck P
    Not a mechanic but I play one at home
  • Keith MenardKeith Menard Posts: 515 Crazy Baller
    @oldjeep yes they do...maybe they stopped with drive by wire, but my 02 fuel injected mag has it.

Works great when you need a boost in shower pressure :)
    dan1166
  • ScottScottScottScott Posts: 784 Crazy Baller
    I have one but I've never used it.....I guess it works. Surprised anyone uses it anymore.
    Some folks must still love to rev their trucks in neutral too :smile:
    Chuck P
  • RednucleusRednucleus Posts: 241 Baller
    +1 for boosting shower temps on our Nov- March WA ski days!
    Keith MenardTheBigHead
  • Than_BoganThan_Bogan Posts: 6,353 Mega Baller
    I keep reading this thread title as Neural Lockout, which I think happens to a lot of us when skiing or otherwise!
    Nathaniel Bogan -- GUT Padawan
    RAWSkioldjeepbajajercrane
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 425 Crazy Baller
    I used mine when I winterize the boat. Need to bump the RPMs up to 1200 or so to get enough heat to open the thermostats without waiting for hours.
    It's a good feature to have in my opinion.
    dan1166JmoskiTheBigHead
    Winterizing requires draining the block and maybe pouring antifreeze in. Can't think of a reason to need the thermostat open
    Chuck P
  • MCskiFreakMCskiFreak Posts: 327 Baller
    If you live in a cold climate and aren't letting the thermostat open to get antifreeze through the whole system you're playing with fire when it comes to cracking a block or exhaust manifold.
    Matt Welton - Resident boat nerd
    RAWSkiKeith MenardJmoski
    @MCskiFreak you drain the engine. No water. Then you pour antifreeze in. Those stupid block cracking kits that have you run the engine and suck it in are a crap shoot
    Chuck P
  • BrennanKMNBrennanKMN Posts: 425 Crazy Baller
    Pull the intake hose, stick it in a bucket of antifreeze and run the engine for 30-60 seconds after draining the block and heater core is my preferred method.
    Like everything else there's 10 different ways to do it.
    As long as you drained it first then no problem
    Chuck P