Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KD trick ski experience?

Seba KerckhofSeba Kerckhof Posts: 7 Baller
I'm in the market for a new trick ski. I could get a demo model KD 12k lion trick ski saving me $300 over a quantum or d3 aira, but I really don't know much about this ski or know anyone that tried it. So does anybody here has experience with the ski and can compare it to the d3/quantum?

Comments

• ozskiozski Posts: 1,653
    Plenty of top skiers using the KD trick
    'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.'' Boat 2005 Nautique 196 6L ZO - Ski - KD Platinum

• gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    Fyi. It is not available in 44" or larger.
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
  • SkicoSkico Posts: 17 Baller
    Definitely comparable to any of them
    Great in hands and toes
    Suits a wide level of skier
    You won’t be disappointed
  • auskierauskier Posts: 453 Baller
    I certainly would not call myself a 'tricker' by any stretch of the imagination and mostly just do it for a bit of fun here and there. I have had a 12k for a few years after having had a quantum for a number of seasons prior to that. For me, the 12k is faster for surface turns, more responsive and overall more enjoyable to ride.
    Toby
  • Seba KerckhofSeba Kerckhof Posts: 7 Baller
    All right, thanks everyone. I'll pick up the KD!
  • eleeskieleeski Posts: 3,872 Infinite Pandas
    Give us a review!
  • gsm_petergsm_peter Posts: 749 Crazy Baller
    My trick buddy rides the KD and I the Quantum.
    Our experience is that the Quantum is a bit calmer and the KD faster/easier in surface rotations.
    Just beginners 2 cents.
    Life is too short not to enjoy every day!
    eleeski
  • andjulesandjules Posts: 819 Crazy Baller
    This may seem way off topic (a comment from 2014 about the then-new Jobe trick ski). https://www.ballofspray.com/forum#/discussion/comment/151966
    Except I'm pretty sure the Jobe trick = the KD trick (same mold, etc) and I'm not sure much has changed over the years.