Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whisper silence?

JASJAS Posts: 252 Solid Baller
For the past 6 months a crazy amount of chatter about Whisper Fin on BOS. Seems like recently has moved to radio silence. Looks like advertising gone as well. Maybe everyone is just out skiing?
scuppers

Comments

• ballsohardballsohard Posts: 254 Baller
    Everyone that I have talked to that has tried a whisper fin has loved it!
  • jayskijayski Posts: 802 Mega Baller
    Seen results first hand and there are high level pros hitting the podium on it and putting up some amazing practice scores
    skibug
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 513 Crazy Baller
    I think the review might have stifled the talk.
    It wasn’t too favorable which really surprised me. I’ve had fantastic results and have heard great results from slow long liners all the way to pro short line skiers. It’s also pretty impressive that there are currently 6 prominent Big Dawg skiers using the whisper fin now.
    I know @horton only has a limited amount of time on certain products so I understand but you hate to see a product get stifled due to one persons opinion.
    skibugScotChipman1tjmunksskis
  • bhsbhs Posts: 280 Baller
    I was at a tournament a couple of weeks ago and saw national champ Tim Henderson using one.
    skibugScotChipman1mbabiashMuskokaKy
  • WishWish Posts: 7,841 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 29
    I've heard there's a BUNCH of BigDawg skiers on it and loving it.

Edit..wooops just read above post. Well, 6 is a bunch. And the BD don't seem to be the kind of guys that would stay on something that is just hohum. Must be somethin there.
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    skibugschafer
  • Ryota Ryota Posts: 114 Baller
    Loving my WF fin ! I hope more Japanese skiers get WFs!
    mbabiashskibug
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 192 Baller
    Great fin great support makes a big difference once you get the concept
  • WishWish Posts: 7,841 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    edited June 30
    Shhhhhh.....if you listen closely you can hear the PBs. 😜
    >>> 11.25..a different kettle of fish. <<<
    ballsohardJordanKRoundy
  • Ryota Ryota Posts: 114 Baller
    Mine is on 65' Radar Vapor 2018
    Length 5.745
    Depth 2.515
    DFT 1.930 Wing 9
    Bf 74.3cm (29.3in)
    Oh yeah
  • DavidNDavidN Posts: 281 Solid Baller
    edited July 2
    Haha, feel your pain, my wife is the same. She hates changes to her equipment.
    She struggled lately on her ‘18 GT and I put my WF on her ski to spruce things up a bit.
    End of the story - She skis way better now and I won’t get my fin back anytime soon. :D
    jayskiThan_Boganjercrane
  • mbabiashmbabiash Posts: 513 Crazy Baller
    Anyone on a Goode revolution with a whisper fin?
  • bhsbhs Posts: 280 Baller
    Tim Henderson is, at least he was in June. I have seen him post here before so maybe he will chime in.
  • GMCGMC Posts: 99 Baller
    @mbabiash I tried that combo at the established settings. Everything was good except the on-side turn. For various reasons I didn't attempt to tune it further.
    Dragodabeej20
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,171 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    FWIW at the Radar Nation day at McClintock's ski school. Jmac, his head instructor Andrew Bergman and the top student skier Jamie Calhoun (currently skiing at the U21 world championships) were all speaking very positively about the fin.
    MuskokaKyballsohard
  • Scaramanga Scaramanga Posts: 9 Baller
    @Jordan did they have it on their own skis?
    ISP6ball
  • C5QuestC5Quest Posts: 293 Baller
    On a 19 Vapor. Was running the suggested “nimble” numbers. What a wild ride. Now running the more “supportive” numbers and loving the progress. Really smoothed things out for me until I make enough gains to start tweaking numbers again
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,171 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    @Scaramanga all three are using it
    What's the point of him using 2 wings? @SkiJay
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    Ventral wing, 3 originally, his invention. Pretty sure he's the only one still using it
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
    ballsohardWish
    @Drago thanks! What was the initial concept behind it?
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,194 Mega Baller
    Double wing with front wing mounted parallel to ski bottom provides just a tiny bit of extra tail support if you're on the big end of the weight spectrum for your ski. I used @SkiJay double wing setup on my 69.5" Vapor Pro at 255lbs skiing 34 mph. It really helped. I found it easier to move up on the ski in the preturn. It widened the performance envelope of the ski for me and made the ski more forgiving.
  • DragoDrago Posts: 1,578 Mega Baller
    @ballsohard ,sorry, thats all i know
    SR SL Judge & Driver (“a driver who is super late on the wheel and is out of sync”)
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 393 Solid Baller
    @drago, I tried a ventral on my revolution recently. It was smooth but made the ski hard to turn on both sides.
    ballsohardluckyosun
  • BoozeBooze Posts: 393 Solid Baller
    @mbabiash - I tried it recently. Overall I liked it. The only issue was too much smear on my good side at 35 and 38. Perhaps it could be tuned out, but I buddy has it now and he's really liking it. He's on a NRG and is starting to run 28's with some regularity.