Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

binding set up 05 Monza

cadeltaskiercadeltaskier Posts: 8 Baller
edited September 2010 in Skis Fins Bindings
Just got a new (long story) 67" 05 Monza unridden, and need to figure out where to mount the front bindings. Anyone have a chart or something out there where to start my set up?

Comments

• skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,308 Mega Baller
    MS should have that memorized
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,975 Mega Baller
    <p>
    The best thing you can do for that ski is put a Schnitz Slot fin on it. 
    </p>
    <p>
    Here are some 66" numbers from Pro Ski Coach.  You could start there if you can't find anything else.  <a href="http://www.proskicoach.com/skis/HO/Monza/2005">http://www.proskicoach.com/skis/HO/Monza/2005</a>
    </p>
    Mark Shaffer
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    <p>
    67 Monza
    </p>
    <p>
    29.25 front binding. Adjust front boot for offside and rear boot for on side control. I always liked a inch between my feet on the monza.
    </p>
    <p>
    DFT .720
    </p>
    <p>
    Length 6.920 tips  6.830 flat
    </p>
    <p>
    Depth 2.520
    </p>
    <p>
    The slot fin never worked for me on the Monza, but if you have access to one it may be worth a try.. 
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
  • Ed_ObermeierEd_Obermeier Posts: 1,339 Crazy Baller
    <p>
    Ditto what Chef23 said.  It did work for me and probably 90% of Monza skiers, that I'm aware of anyway.  IMO the best tweak you could make to that ski.
    </p>
    <p>
    Ed
    </p>
    Ed Obermeier - owner, EZ-Slalom Course Systems
    www.ez-slalom.com
  • cadeltaskiercadeltaskier Posts: 8 Baller
    Thanks guys... MS is that measurement to the back of the front heel? or back of the plate or maleolus?
  • Old MS AccoutOld MS Accout Posts: 2,114 Baller
    <p>
    To the back of the front boot rubber. Not the plate. In most cases with a rubber boot, it would be the back of the horseshoe that that wraps the rubber.    
    </p>
    <p>

</p>
    thanks again, will see how it rides tomarrow!
    OK, very different compared to the old Mapple that I was skiing on. Plus went to fluid motion E series bindings. Next question is how are you measuring the DFT? are you using the head or tail of the calipers? Currently using the tail of caliper at DFT 0.72 is that how you are measuring? Thanks
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,975 Mega Baller
    I always use the needle on the calipers to measure DFT.
    Mark Shaffer