Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2019 Radar Vapor Lithium or Senate Pro Build

jenksskijenksski Posts: 29 Baller
Feed back on the Radar 2019 Vapor Lithium and Senate Pro.

I run the course 32/34mph @15off. Looking to shorten the rope at some stage in the near future.
I've had my 2016 Senate Graphite since new, just wondering if I should upgrade to a 2019 vapor lithium or senate pro.
Cost also comes into things.

All advice/recommendations would be great.

Thanks guys

Comments

• igkyaigkya Posts: 658 Crazy Baller
    Senate Pro will easily be good enough for 34mph into 35-38 off.
    jenksski
  • Chef23Chef23 Posts: 5,961 Mega Baller
    I would say stick with the Senate shape for now. Unless you are trying to get to 36 mph without seeing you ski I don't think there is a big benefit to going Vapor.
    Mark Shaffer
    jenksski
  • UWSkierUWSkier Posts: 1,194 Mega Baller
    Ski bud and I both went from Vapor Pros to Senates in the past year. We're both 34 mph skiers and both skiing better on the Senates.
    jenksski
  • jenksskijenksski Posts: 29 Baller
    Great to hear guys. It's good to read what fellow skiers are using and what suits them better.
    Like you guys @UWSkier, max speed I'll be skiing at will be 34mph too. Think the Senate is the way to go at some point.
    Not going to consider getting to 36mph as I'm 37 yrs of age and hopefully plan to enter tournaments @Chef23 at some point. So in the age cat, I can only ski at 34mph max.
    I'll look into the senate range again.
  • JordanJordan Posts: 1,171 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I'm pretty sure that @skidawg went from a vapor pro build to a senate pro build. Maybe he can comment further.
  • skidawgskidawg Posts: 3,285 Open or 55K Rated Skier
    Ran [email protected] numerous tournaments last summer on my senate pro at 34mph, it won’t disappoint, especially if you are 185 plus
    Mr. Mom is Horton's favorite movie!
    JordanballsohardjenksskiReggieO
  • JASJAS Posts: 252 Solid Baller
    @skidawg @[email protected] mph how much will a 67” support
    Weight?
    Cheers @skidawg and @Jordan
    Jordan
    @skidawg what made you swap between the vapor to senate pro?
  • paul413skipaul413ski Posts: 192 Baller
    @skidawg what fin settings please
  • coach3coach3 Posts: 86 Baller
    I have a 2019 vapor lithium, 66" that is a bit softer and really turns. almost new, $675
    I run pretty much stock, touch shallower and tad longer-bindings at 30.5 on 67”
  • jskierjskier Posts: 9 Baller
    edited September 15
    I weigh 205 and ski on the 2020 67 Senate Pro. Love the ski. I also tried several sets on the 2020 Vapor Pro, but skied far more smoothly on the Senate (34mph) into 35 off.
    @jskier fin and bindings settings please
    @skidawg thank you
  • LobonatorLobonator Posts: 66 Baller
    Hey! @jenksski I just made the switch from a 19 lithium vapor to a 19 Senate pro!!

I currently ski 15off @ 34mph and have just started working my way into 22off.

I made the switch because the extra width on the senate pro felt so much more supportive in and out of the turns than the vapor.

I felt the vapor definitely turned harder and was faster, but only when I got up to 34mph. The senate was miles better when slowed down. Also, I only felt better on the vapor on days were I was at my absolute best. On an average day, I would ski up to the same level on the senate.

Just my 2 cents.

jskier
  • jskierjskier Posts: 9 Baller
    @paul413ski: I am running stock fin and binding settings.