USAWS Online Registration - Question

HortonHorton Posts: 32,960 Administrator
In the past USAWS Online Registration allowed skiers to register without paying. Is that still the case?

Support BallOfSpray by supporting the companies that support BallOfSpray

Connelly ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ 

Reflex ☆ Radar ☆ Rodics OffCourse ☆ S Lines ☆ Stokes ☆

Comments

• BlueSkiBlueSki Posts: 1,000 Mega Baller
    Yes, I see the option for some, but not all tournaments.
  • HortonHorton Posts: 32,960 Administrator
    The questions is not if I can do online Registration. The question is can I set it up so you can not register without paying.

Connelly ☆Denali ☆Goode ☆ HO Syndicate MasterCraft ☆ Masterline ☆ Performance Ski and Surf ☆ 

• dave2balldave2ball Posts: 1,133 Crazy Baller
    @Horton yes it can be done I have seen a button on the online registration for “officials only. “ next to register online.
    That’s the question I was answering. Some tournaments I have registered for have the option to pay onsite while others require online payment. I don’t know what the host had to do to make that happen when they set up the tournament.
    @BlueSki okay understood. Confusing but not confusing on your account.

BlueSki
  • JeffSurdejJeffSurdej Posts: 732 Open or Level 9 Skier
    It’s an LOC option so some might allow it others may not
    Midwest Justin Bieber Fan Club President
    @horton, I was thinking that you might be desiring to allow for cash payment on site, but my guess is that you are probably trying to avoid the collection nightmare on tournament day. Just curious, how much of a cut does PayPal take from the LOC for the online collection?
    What I want to do is set up registration so if the skier does not pay registration does not happen. For my cash prize event getting the paperwork is not enough of a commitment for me to hold a spot.

• klindyklindy Posts: 2,929 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    Some tournaments require “paid” entries (like the Southern Regionals). So effectively you’re not entered until money is on hand.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

@klindy can I change my current section to allow online registration and require payment for registration? Same as southern regionals?

• klindyklindy Posts: 2,929 ★★★Triple Panda Award Recipient ★★★
    I don’t know if it can be changed after you initially set it up.
    Keith Lindemulder
    AWSA Chairman of the Board

• KelvinKelvin Posts: 1,363 Mega Baller
    Even if you require payment to register, a skier can skip that step, but still show up on the registration list. That can create some nightmares.

Kelvin Kelm, Lakes of Katy, Katy Texas